• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Details on the September Update

There is several things that you need to keep in mind here. First, not all suggestions made in the suggestions forums will fit in with what the devs want the game to be. Thus not all of them will be implemented. And even if 1000 poeple post in a thread that they want something changed, there could be 100,000 poeple that don't want it changed. Generally its the poeple that don't like the way that something works that will post that something needs to be changed. The poeple that like the way something works don't make threads in the suggestion forums to say "Just posting to let you know I like the way this feature works."

I know this, I was talking about two most duscused topics (pzIV H has also some petition), so I thing, that these two topics (MGs and PzIV H) are most wanted.

For all you know we could be halfway through the process of implementing some of the things your talking about ;)

I like to hear that:) if it is true, that you are allready working on some of improvments I have talked about, than I appologize.

And, not to confuse you - I like RO very much and this new patch is good (as I wrote in my first post here), not great, but good.

Upvote 0
We're well aware of the "demands" (bad word to pick - try "requests", by the way!) for variants on the Pz IV and the StuG. There are also requests for a lot of other vehicles. Now, vehicles take time. Research, model, skin, code - all chews up time and money. But we can happily confirm that there are a series of vehicles in the works. They'll just take time - and you'll all have to be patient :)

Upvote 0
I like it :D

These may be "minor" issues, but they add a lot to the polish of the game, and I much prefer small updates with short intervals, than the "spend six months making one big patch"-approach that certain other development teams take :p

One question, though: will the patch introduce some fixes to the VOIP-system, particularly the Local channel? The somewhat... unreliable local channel is in my opinion the one big hindrance to good teamwork in tanks.

But we can happily confirm that there are a series of vehicles in the works. They'll just take time - and you'll all have to be patient :)
Well. This is giving me a hard-on :D

Upvote 0
I don't want to see the G41, much like the MP41 and PPD40, receive over representation, if you know what I mean.

Just want to make sure this doesn't go unnoticed. The addition of the MP41 was a bad call in my opinion as it was VERY rare. It wouldn't have been as bad if you'd have done it like in the mod and only gave it to the commander, or if it was possible to restrict weapons and not only classes, or only add it to certain maps where they were known to have been used (Odessa comes to mind). Since it has less recoil pretty much everyone will always pick it over the MP40, which needless to say existed in FAR more numbers. Because of this I will almost never pick the MP41, but unfortunately it seems there aren't a whole lot of us who do this.

Other than this it looks like a great patch. I'm looking forward to it, especially the new russian voices *crosses fingers for a russian war cry*. Oh and by the way, did you fix the map descriptions only showing up in practice bug yet? Although not a game breaking bug, it has gone unfixed for waaay too long, and (please correct me if i'm wrong since i'm not a programmer or anything) it seems it would be fairly simple to fix.

Upvote 0
I have to say, I'm impressed. As an infantryman I'm gonna love these new thingies BUT I wonder, when do you begin to give new things to tankers. I'mean there have been looots of complaints about why some tanks are not in the game and some are. I don't complain since I do not drive tanks, but still... Anyways, GREAT JOB! Thank you for listening, one of the best game makers forever.

Upvote 0
Actually, new uniforms are likely to mean new player models, new skins and new animations...

Full change-log for bug-fixes won't be finalised until about 5 minutes before the update is uploaded to Steam :)

Russian voice recording was done by our colleagues at 1C in Russia.

After our experiences elsewhere.... Tripwire's support and communications are devine! Not to mention a superb offering called Red Orchestra OSTFront 41-45.

Thanks again Tripwire, we are enjoying ourselves to no end.

Upvote 0
All new Russian voice commands. Recorded by Russians, in Russia. They sound good!

As russian, I do really feel fear now =)

Weapon pickup enhancements: listening to the feedback from the free week, we have implemented a much more simple system for picking up/dropping your current weapon. Weapons can now be picked up by looking at the weapon you want to pick up and pressing the Use key. Your current weapon will then be dropped automatically.

Does this mean, if I try to pick up a grenade that lies under a gun, I'll pick up the gun that I dont really need? Or if I try to open a door near the dead body, I'll pick up that body's gun that I don't really want to? =) Hope u didn't forget the engine's "special thingies"

Anyways, great update!

Upvote 0
gotta love the new additions,

i agree to my pal aceto. pls dont forget the linux servers. nations cup needs stable servers. Just imagine the finals with the server crashing!

i dont want to annoy you, but i still have to ask this:

will there be a fix for the linux-server-crashes in near future too?
or atleast a new test on our server or something?

Upvote 0