• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
well i certainly couldn't believe it when i heard it was a stingray did you know he is only the third person ever to be killed by a stingray in aussie waters??

as for his death coming by way of an animal no great shock there, but a stingray? that i didn't see coming as stingray are not aggressive animals and only attack in defence

still back to the topic at hand god bless you steve
it's better to live one hour as a tiger than a whole lifetime as a worm! that said who ever heard of a worm skin rug????

Upvote 0
I feel bad for his family. He probably should have toned it down a bit after having kids.

I disagree entirely, to do so would have been untrue to himself and that would be a much greater loss. A person with such a degree of enthusiasm, passion and dedication to ideals that are so far beyond the petty greed that motivates most of us, humanity is worse off without him. It's a damn shame all around.

Upvote 0
why did my post and pictures get deleated?

i am extremly sorry for his death, but those pictures were just funny.

sure maybe they were distasteful but at no point did they breech any forums rules as far as i know?

someone wanna correct me?

If you have a problem with something that was deleted, please email a mod or the admin of this site. I am sure that they will agree they were very distasteful and that they didnt belong here. Grow up!

Upvote 0
"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic" - Stalin

Which explains why people get all bent out of shape about 1 celebrity dying yet remain unconcerned by countless deaths of non-celebs. Sure he did a lot for wildlife concervation but so have countless other people over the years, many perhaps now dead. Where are the threads bemoaning their deaths?

On the day he died, how many other families across the world were left without a father, mother, spouse or bread winner?

Sad tbh.

Upvote 0
It was really terrible news to hear and for a day I wasn't sure if it was true or not. I didn't want to believe that it was.How horrible it will be for his children especially. I only have regular TV and so was never able to see more than a few of his shows but the ones that I did see were very funny and interesting
RIP:(:(

Upvote 0
Sure he did a lot for wildlife concervation but so have countless other people over the years, many perhaps now dead.

Every hunter who's bought a license and every angler who's done the same. Conservation here in the US is largely paid for through hunting and fishing license fees.

He did a lot for wildlife education, too, I guess. Though every time I watched his show I was like "OMG! It's DEADLY, don't poke it with a stick!!!!! You just got done telling me that if it LOOKS at you wrong, you can die!!!!!"

Upvote 0
Wouldn't matter if he pulled it out. The sting is coated in venom, it doesn't inject anything. Think of it more like a poison dagger than a snake bite. Even if it didn't actually pierce the heart, that close to it the venom would be in his bloodstream and spreading within seconds. Poor guy never had a chance.

It wasn't the venom that killed him,
just the trauma. Like being stabbed.

Upvote 0