• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How do I .....? The Thread for all questions more than general.

Figured it out. . . finally.

Ok, if anyone else is having the same problem as I was, the ROMapBounds actors have to be INSIDE the map, not outside, not even right on the brush boundary, inside.

Thanks for making me look closer at the ROMapBounds, I had them the whole time, they were just inches from the right place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Figured it out. . . finally.

Ok, if anyone else is having the same problem as I was, the ROMapBounds actors have to be INSIDE the map, not outside, not even right on the brush boundary, inside.

Thanks for making me look closer at the ROMapBounds, I had them the whole time, they were just inches from the right place.

Oooo..

Yeah I think an ything you want to effect generally has to be inside a substracted world space. Not 100% true.. but a decent rule of thumb.

Upvote 0
argh..trying to do the objectives is killing me slowly inside.... i have 4 objectives...i have it set up so they are to be captured one by one i.e obj 1 captured..objective 2 enabled etc etc.. but when i capture the first objective..the next doesn't show and in the map thing it says (objective missing)...i have next to no hair left.. been trying to solve this for a day or so now..can anybody help me please?

Are you using an objective manager? How do you have that setup? Who is attacking and who is defending, sometimes this is confusing on deciding which props to change.

Upvote 0
Have you got ROMapBounds actors in your map?

Does anyone know how to get Emitters to show up in the editor? I was trying to make fog/water spray type of emitter for the bottom of a waterfall. I can place it in the level and edit the prperties, but it wont display any particles. I have put a smallFire emitter in the level but it doesnt show up either. They used to show up in other levels i tried. I have the realtime preview on. I tried loading Konigsplaz but none of the emitters in that level displayed.

you meandoes not show up on realtime preview or in actually playing the map. Also do you have it set so that it auto resets itself. Some emitters only fire once so you have to set it to repeat. are you following one of the tutorials to create the waterfall if so which one?

Upvote 0
Are you using an objective manager? How do you have that setup? Who is attacking and who is defending, sometimes this is confusing on deciding which props to change.

what should i use..the ROobjective manager or the master objective manager?

all i wanna do is have 4 objectives that have to be captured one by one i.e capturing obj 1 unlocks obj 2 etc etc..i have tried different ways but each time it doesn't work :(

Upvote 0
what should i use..the ROobjective manager or the master objective manager?

all i wanna do is have 4 objectives that have to be captured one by one i.e capturing obj 1 unlocks obj 2 etc etc..i have tried different ways but each time it doesn't work :(

Ha! well see I am sort of having the same problem see previous in this thread. I am using the MasterObjective Manager maybe I am supposed to use the other. I am trying to just capture 2 and it unlocks the last 2 but it is not working. You have your first obj active and your rest inactive right? and did you set the priorities for them the same as objNum? I will look into this more tonight.

Upvote 0
so i have 4 objectives (0,1,2,3)..do i just modify 1 and 2..so the first and last are untouched and activate when 1 and 2 have been captured?

Have you read the sdk manual? I think you just need to follow the simple and replicate the same action 2 more times if your objs are linear then you need to have 0 active then in the masterObjectivemanager then you need to control the handoffs for three more exchanges. That is how it reads to me. In my particular case I want 0 and 1 capped before 2 and 3 are capped I tried this with one entry in the MasterObjManager but it didnt work.

Upvote 0
you meandoes not show up on realtime preview or in actually playing the map. Also do you have it set so that it auto resets itself. Some emitters only fire once so you have to set it to repeat. are you following one of the tutorials to create the waterfall if so which one?

Well I have the realtime preview on. Im not following any tutorials. In another level I was messing around with, just an ideas hack level, I have put a whole bunch of emmitters such as the smallfire, smalldarksmoke etc and they all worked fine in the editor. each time I tweaked a value oin the emnitter like particle velocity it would reset the emitter with the new setting. I have only just started using the newest ROSDK from the steam lauanch, whereas previously I was using the old sytem of a completely separate folder for the SDK and copying the maps into the proper map folder for playtesting. not sure if that has anything to do with it. I tried restarting the SDK after a rebuild etc, but it didnt make any difference. The map could be toast if I cant get the waterfall?whitewater to look good.

EDIT

NOW it works, crap. not sure why, maybe a few days for it to get in the mood... :)

Upvote 0
UncleDrax said:
Pretty easily actually.. I think BaksanValley also does this, and I found it easier to trace. Open it up and poke around.
Off hand you create a trigger that spawns the attack. It's actually not as random (placement wise) as you think.
(I've never personally done it btw.... but this might get you started..)

this is what drax had to sya abt random arty

Upvote 0