• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Servers timing out in the middle of a round.

Oi!Oi!Oi!

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2006
Lately I'm noticed a lot of games interrupted because the server "times out" while there is still time left to play on the map.

Especially with the new Berezina map and its long rounds. It seems like half the rounds I play end before they should because of server settings.

It's very frustrating. :mad:

Happens a lot. Angers the hell out of me, finding a low ping server playing a good map and having fun until everyone freezes in place and connection is lost ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

thats either the server crashing or you're client is dropped.

it happens when you disconnect but RO still thinks its connected, and waits for the packets that will never come.

Upvote 0
I'm not talking about getting disconnected.

I'm talking about servers ending the round before the actual map timer is over.

Example, you play on Berezina and there's 30 minutes left to play while both sides have reinforcements. Then right in the middle of the action, the round is interrupted with the "end of round "music and you go to the map voting screen.

I makes eveybody go "WTF?!??!".

Upvote 0
Hi,

Here is my understanding of this issue: There is a time limit setting for a round in the server configuration so admins can set a round to end at 15 minutes for example. In any other case the game should run until either side completes their objectives. If something else happens its due to connection problems, server crashing or admin changing map manually. In some maps defending side can win only by defending succesfully until the time ends. Admin can also set the number of round wins required to win the map. It is often set so that 2 rounds is enough for winning so after either side gets 2 wins the map ends.

br,
Denon

Upvote 0
Bat Guano is correct. Since Berezina is usually set up for a 60 (?) minute round and, typically, the first round takes up almost the entire 60 minutes (especially if teams are full), if the server has a 90 minute OVERALL map rotation timer, the 2nd round will inevitably not go to completion and ends abruptly for the next map vote.

Upvote 0