• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does Anyone play this Game with only 512mb of ram?

I play with 512mb and I get good performance. My graphics card is an ATI Radeon 9250 pro 256mb. The loading times are long for allot of people, but, if you check the tweaking guide and do everything it says there, it cuts the time in half. I get good performance with my settings mostly on High. Not Highest though.

Upvote 0
I played it on 512 for a while then bought more memory to have a 1 gig of RAM.

On my machine with 512 mg of RAM:

- The loading time were very long.

- There was stuttering everytime I started on a new map which needed at least 30 seconds to settle.

- Quitting RO would hold up my computer for at least 5 minutes.

Other than that, the game was still playable, but having 1 gig solved all these problems.

I was surpised to see that now when I exit the game and look at the task manager, RO alone uses well over 512mg.

Upvote 0
On my computer at home (P4 2.3 / 512 RDRAM / GeForce 4600Ti 128 meg) the game ran alright with low settings and 800 * 600. But the load times were terrible for me - like a couple of minutes sometimes!

On my laptop (Core Duo T2500 2.0, 2 Gig DDR2 ram, ATI Radeon X1600 512meg) it obviously runs great full graphics etc. and the load times are minimal (mere seconds instead of 1 or 2 minutes).

BM

Upvote 0
dont have 1024mb but i have 2gig of ram and it only takes a few seconds to load a map normaly the first one on the server and sometimes im the first by a good ten seconds or so. My processor is a amd 3700+ nothing that special and i use a 7800gt vid card and just a normal 7200 rpm hard drive so yeah i think ram is the main factor in making the game load faster. i never tweeked anything just because im lazy.

Upvote 0
Hmm you seem to have old hardware. Motherboard with two memory slots?

I have two GB of RAM but the difference in loading time between 1G and 2G is almost not noticable. Both load very fast, of course only if the hardware is up-to date.

I don't know about your financial situation but it seems that it's getting time to build yourself a new machine if you are serious about PC gaming.
Or at least get some second-hand hardware from e-bay or from a friend to upgrade your current system.

Upvote 0
I used to have 512 megs of ram during the mod, when I added another stick to make 1024 I didn't notice any fps improvements to be honest, what I did notice was a litteraly halving of the load times (I've timed it) and windows picking up speed faster when you quit. with 512 megs you have to wait a minute or two for the system to 'recover' after quiting, but with 1024 there's no such problems.

Load times were acceptable with 512mb RAM, 3000+ athlon and with a GF4200 and I got a reasonable framerate, if that helps.

Upvote 0
You will be able to run the game with 512 mega, it will just run better with more.

I went from 512 to 1.256 and all problems concerning load times and timing out disappeared, (1x1gig+256).

There was not a remarkable difference in FPS but everything ran smoother.

My biggest surprise was when I changed from a usb 1 mega modem connection to a 1 mega earth net router connection.

I have since upgraded to a 8 mega connection and I was a little disappointed with that, the next time I will stick with the earth net 1 mega...

amd 3000+64, Nvidia 6600gt 128..

Hope that helps !

Upvote 0
I used to use 512, but since I got 1gb I've had improved loading times and the game closes faster. But I haven't had much of a better frame rate, but that's because my processor ****s.

More memory doesn't make much differance on frame rates above 1 gig. I ran a test program and only gained 2 FPS when I upgraded from 1 GB to 3GB. Load times are phenomenal though!

Upvote 0