• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

COD3 Sound Recording!

Sent666

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2006
A video on youtube shows the developers of COD3 recording some weapon sounds for the game. I really hate the weapon sounds in RO:OST, they don't have enough punch to the sounds or something! If you listen to these sounds, especially the MP40 they sound quite different. But COD3 should be cool, even if the multiplayer is jank! Finally bullet penetration is in a COD game, and alot of awesome effects like smoke that is effected by wind, and grass that parts as you walk through it. I can't wait! :D

VIDEO: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2kpR9jAOtxM

A video on youtube shows the developers of COD3 recording some weapon sounds for the game. I really hate the weapon sounds in RO:OST, they don't have enough punch to the sounds or something! If you listen to these sounds, especially the MP40 they sound quite different. But COD3 should be cool, even if the multiplayer is jank! Finally bullet penetration is in a COD game, and alot of awesome effects like smoke that is effected by wind, and grass that parts as you walk through it. I can't wait! :D

VIDEO: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2kpR9jAOtxM

Sorry..but I really don't care and I think you'll find many others who have the same opinion as I do. After the COD2 debacle, I will never buy any games from Activision again. Good luck with your endeavor.

Dr. Strangelove

Upvote 0
I think COD is had a mixed bag with sounds, COD1 had some good ones, chiefly the Thompson, PPSh41 and MG42. But the rest were sub-par, COD2 didn't have a single good sound.

I dunno what you're smoking Sent but Ostfront has some of the best sounds ever, rifles crack, smg's rattle, mg's hammer away through it all. What's more the guns are actually LOUD, much louder than other things like footsteps which is how it should be. The only weak sound in the whole game in my opinion is the MP40/41, I think the mod's 3.3 MP40 sounded a lot better. In what other game can you hear a shell fired in the distance then hear it passing over head and finally thudding to the earth?

I go so far as to say that Xancerman has ruined every other game for me, because none of the other war games I've played come close to having such impacting sound as Ostfront. In comparison their guns sound like muffled pop guns and I don't feel like I have a deadly weapon in my hands when I am playing. I can't blame him for doing such a good job though :)

Upvote 0
Well, I for one think the weapon sounds in COD2 ****. I agree, they sound like pop guns. I haven't heard them for COD3, nor do I intend to even if they told me it was going to be made for the PC. And for the record, I have Logitech z-5500 Speakers...

I still think RO Weapons sound the absolute best out of the games I have played.

And wish all you want, but you all know deep down that COD3 is just going to be another Run'n'gun mess.

Upvote 0
I have Logitec speakers with an 8" sub. From the videos I've posted most of you know I shoot the same rifles that are in both games. I can say from experience that RO has the most realistic rifle and SMG sounds of any game I've played. Most games either make the weapons sound like pop guns, or add too much bass. RO is the most accurate.

Upvote 0