• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Scope range adjustment

How about a option in the settings before you even join a server to set what you want your sniper rifles scope zeroed at? thats something i know they could of controled in real life. not practical to adjust during the game round but set it up a few days ahead of time. personaly i would like to have it adjusted for about 400m just because i like real long range shots and if someone is cloer the target is bigger and i will just aim for the gut instead of the chest no big deal.

Ok can anyone find anything wrong with that suggestion?? It should make everyone a little happier.

Upvote 0
i think that's a fair siggestion, but RO still doesn't have significant enough bullet drop to need to adjust the sights for any gun, IMO. While there is some at extremely long distances, overall I can't see it as a benefit because you would constantly have to adjust for wherever the sight is set to anyway. Not every shot will be at 200 - 300m, targets will vary from shot to shot. Also, if you get used to how the gun fires it shouldn't be an issue no matter where it is set, because you can feel out the distance and where to aim.

Upvote 0
Personaly i would like to have it adjustable just because when i snipe it is long range. if i wanted to shoot at someone 100m away i would just use a rifle because you just dont need a scope for that. When i do snipe i spend 90% of the time shooting at targets that you cant see or can only just barely see without the scope. If your shooting at stuff with a sniper rifle that you can see easy without a scope then maybe you should give up the sniper and get a normal rifle or semi auto rifle.

Upvote 0
Personaly i would like to have it adjustable just because when i snipe it is long range. if i wanted to shoot at someone 100m away i would just use a rifle because you just dont need a scope for that. When i do snipe i spend 90% of the time shooting at targets that you cant see or can only just barely see without the scope. If your shooting at stuff with a sniper rifle that you can see easy without a scope then maybe you should give up the sniper and get a normal rifle or semi auto rifle.

I agree, it sounds like you are at least using the sniper rifle the way it was designed for. Perhaps on shots that long you would need an adjustment. To be fair though I rarely use the SR, I ususally prefer the regular rifle over anything else. Test the amount of bullet drop and let the devs know, maybe there is a way to make it work.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure those nobs on the scope are for sighting the scope in, not for range/wind adjusment.

You're right, they're used to set zero.

But in theory they can be used to adjust for wind, ranges etc. Snipers in WW2 were hardly the best trained to ever hit the battlefields. (With russian snipers being reasonably trained but the worst to ever see combat)

Look at what the best marksman in the world use today. Mil-dot scopes. Even guys that are training their whole lives don't rely upon adjusting the zero, simply an elaborate way to judge distance and therefore your hold.

Upvote 0