• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What if the war never ended RO 2042!!

I'd agree a mechwarrior has no advantage thats worth it over a tank, it may be able to traverse certain terrain better, but it woulden't be able to do other terrain as well. Also they have a hugely high shillouete and won't be able to be crewed by as many people, woulden't be able to pack as many heavy weapons as a tank because of the center of gravity i would assume.

Still i'm all for a future ww2 game why not :D by 2042 the casulties would be astronomical and resources such as oil and that would have well run out in europe certainly but still, mechs are cool

Upvote 0
As fare as I now Wolfstuka Microsoft hasn't made a Mech game in a while at lest sense the TnT cards I think with the new graphics today there can be some amazing models and battles and its not all mechs tanks can still be part of the game as well as infantry.

ue-08.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for that constructive reply

Im not saying change RO but a addon or MOD or even an expansion to Trip W.

whats wrong with a fresh idea?

nothing! Dont listen to them.

as said, a innovations are what game business needs. New concepts and ideas, shoud always be keept in mind. A realistic game, with sci fiction story, is somewhat realy missing in game developing. Who knows, maybe TW coud get a great score here.

Upvote 0
No, no, you see, the path of a relatively decent game going down the ****ter goes more like this-WWII, Vietnam, Modern, THEN Futuristic.

So let us presume that any RO expansion or RO2 is immediatly arcade game made to make more money for Tripwire. Shall be it.

And as for the idea itself, well sounds nice. Somehow those reminds me about WH40k :cool:

Upvote 0
I don't understand why everyone thinks that in the future we will using walkers instead of regular rolling tanks...
they have no real advantage if any at all. I think people just think the future would have to be different so they add mechs to their scenarios to change things up.

thoughts? I'd be eager to hear what other people think about it

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0380768798/103-7529944-8149431?v=glance&n=283155

Readthis novel is has a better idea about where armoured warfare goes in the future as far as mechs go. The yare actually multi-legged pod equipped anti-infantry fiends. That can get over the terrain that track's can't.

Also in one of the star fist novels (I think it was Steel Gauntlet...#3 maybe?) the guys take on these bad-ass tanks that kind og give insight into armoured warfare a little bit and where it may go.

Upvote 0
Iron storm had the idea but the graphics where way under ut2004 at the time it came out the story line and weapons needed work to bland .

I love this tank!!
uuuu.jpg

Have you guys seen the league of extraordinary gentlemen when the tank busted up the bank that type of HEAVY metal 'feel'!
a mix of then and the future.

thats also a good idea http://www.redorchestragame.com/for.../forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif[/IM
just to go up to the 60's but the mechs would need computer technology to stay balanced while walking and when they fire there primary weapons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0