• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Screenies from RO-Berezina: open site kills

I agree the shot is about 200 meters.

Never played Orel...well, I spent about 10 minutes driving under wheatfields, found an objective and was capping it when the round ended. That's my experience there. I built the forerunner of this map for "Call of Duty United Offensive" and played enough RO to get a feeling for what I wanted to replicate, make new, etc. I still think some portions of it are too big...too far from the 1st Defense Line to the Collective and from one end of the Village to the other. A few other things are out of intended scale but all in all I am happy with it and think some tweaking can get it playing better with more input/testing.

The map certainly will present you with shots up to 24,000 world units. That's roughly 400 meters to the fog plane.

Upvote 0
Slyk what do you think about the reinforcement amounts for russians? Do the russians ever last the full 60 mins without running out of reinforcements? I havn't tested much but today we ran out of reinforcements with 20 minutes left on the clock.

Yep, last night I played a round where we(Russians) lasted the full 60 minutes and had around 40-45% reinforcements left.

Great round BTW, we completely annihilated the Germans on the 1st line, they ran out of tanks and it was a turkey shoot after that. I lasted alive for about 30 minutes once, and my buddies very rarely died. Germans were being massacred.

Upvote 0
OK guess we just ****ed then :D Think its gonna be a bit like Koningsplatz with people not saving reinforcements and attacking when they should defend. Anyway heres a shot I got. Do I win for longest shot? :D

mosinlongshot.jpg

Upvote 0
After-Hourz is running a 24/7 server during the beta and early 'final' stages.

Teamwork people. I make my maps that way. I have no pity for bad teamplay and very little sympathy for people complaining of "spawn-rape"... although I broke down and added 'No-Arty volumes' over the vehicle spawns. If infantry spawns happen to be covered, then you're lucky. Fight out of it. That's been my theory.

Upvote 0
Best two shots I've ever made were on Barashka with a KAR98, open sights, about 50m back from my side of the bridge shooting two Russians in a row as they came down the hill back from their end of the bridge and they were moving right to left at full sprint.

I think in game measurement that's about 350-400m isn't it?

Upvote 0
Best shot I ever had was on the Mod version of hedgehog using a bolt action shot from one side of the map to the other as I saw a silouette on the horizon. Fortunatly it was a lone enemy trying to flank around.

Not as good atm on the retail version just cannot get used to the way the gun sways all over the place.

Funny one though was on Arad as I was in south field in me tank & just spotted someone near axis north spawn by the far house, turned out to be the one spotting for the artillery single AP round leaving a stain on the wall.

Upvote 0
Good map when both teams are good team players. The other night it was a nightmare. I had an idiot tank driver who didn't listen at all so we always got killed.

Then our team wasn't working together at all, people rushing up one by one, tank going solo and so on. But later in the game, new people joined, and we got some teamwork going.

I and another tanker took the PZIVD, to the flank of the trenches on the first line defense and poored HE round after HE round along with both MGs into the trenches devasting the Russians. It allowed our infantry to rush up the middle into the trenches and capture them. At the same time, we had 2 PZ-IIIs gaurding our flanks against the KVs. I mean amazing teamwork.

Good map, next time I will go at it as a grunt.

Upvote 0
heh, owned

heh, owned

A buddy and I played on the FK #6 Berezina 24/7 last night. It was the first I had spun up RO in over a week, and the first time for him in two. And boy did we get owned.

*BIFF,BLEED,DIE* "Geez, I didn't even hear that one. Where'd it come from??" "hulluvaIknow"

And yeah, the Germans kept getting owned at second line. When I play with my buddy, since he doesn't like to use the mic (???) I rarely pull it out to use it either, but I kept wanting to yell "Rally in the farm houses with a squad leader and we'll coordinate some ownage." I went to sleep just _knowing_ if we had coordinate even a little we would have had that second line.

I'm looking forward to hitting FK #6 again tonight.

Upvote 0