• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

On a whim i bought Call of Duty 2...

Biskit

Mar 15, 2006
God the multiplayer is awefull, how the heck do people play this . Its so cartoonish people running around jumping while a fireing Bolt action. With the little icons over there heads.
I hate myself for wasteing 38 dollars.
Its Awfull

Last edited:
I like how you can realism of throwing grenades 300 yards. The multiplayer is okay if you can find a rifles only server that doesn't allow nades. Otherwise, it's a contest of whoever has the quicker reflexes.

The single player was okay once you got past the Russian missions. Just a hint, you must run up on the enemy in the Single Player missions or they keep respawning (like in real life).:rolleyes: Else, you'll never advance the level. The worst aspect to the single player is than once the mission gets interesting, it's over. I remember one mission where you're pinned down in a German city with the Nazi's attacking from all sides. I thought, this is really cool. Well, this epic battle was over in about a minute.

I just wish there was a WW2 single player out there that was realistic when it comes to what this era of guns could do to a person. When you shoot someone in the head with a 30-06 Springfield, they shouldn't get back up and shoot back.

Upvote 0
I like how you can realism of throwing grenades 300 yards. The multiplayer is okay if you can find a rifles only server that doesn't allow nades. Otherwise, it's a contest of whoever has the quicker reflexes.

The single player was okay once you got past the Russian missions. Just a hint, you must run up on the enemy in the Single Player missions or they keep respawning (like in real life).:rolleyes: Else, you'll never advance the level. The worst aspect to the single player is than once the mission gets interesting, it's over. I remember one mission where you're pinned down in a German city with the Nazi's attacking from all sides. I thought, this is really cool. Well, this epic battle was over in about a minute.

I just wish there was a WW2 single player out there that was realistic when it comes to what this era of guns could do to a person. When you shoot someone in the head with a 30-06 Springfield, they shouldn't get back up and shoot back.

Wait for 1944 D-Day: Operation Overlord then :D

Upvote 0
Yeah, It seems like everytime an enemy is on an MG42 in singleplayer. It takes at LEAST two head shots to drop them. I actually like the game though, and the graphics are great. I still play it every now and then. Single player only though. I hate multiplayer on that game.

I'm not sure what engine they built that game on. The texturing under DirectX 9 shaders is beutiful. However, eye-candy doesn't make a game. The multiplayer is fun if you're playing with your firends over teamspeak. The only servers worth playing on is Rifles only, no snipers, no nades, Search and Destroy. Don't bother with the FFA or TDM gameplay.

Upvote 0
Well, I bought it when it first came out, I liked COD and CODUO and I had higher hopes for COD2. Boy was I wrong. They could easily have gone in the general direction of more realism, but instead went more for the console feel. You get better graphics and mantling, but other features were left out from previous releases, so the gameplay itself is dumbed down.

The single player was decent enough, but too short.

The multiplayer, what good to say about it? Hmmmmm.... (crickets chirping) NOTHING

Upvote 0
I bought CoD2 when it came out thinking that it'd be as good as CoD1 and UO but NO.

Singleplayer has suffered greatly, in CoD2 they went for a more open-ended level design so that "each level is different every time you play it" but no. Since there were no vehicles the chances of something different happening are very slim, you basically shoot, move up, shoot, move up. There was an amazing lack of scripted events in CoD2 compared to CoD1 or UO. The chronological storyline bugs me too, first, I get to play 3 quick Russian levels, each one more identical than the last. The British and American campaigns are the same, save for the tank levels which are just boring and confusing. The A.I. is smarter however they still only shoot at you and ignore your A.I. counterparts.

Multiplayer is worse, it is basically Counterstrike: WW2 with respawns. The maps are clostrophobically small and similar to each other. Sniping (for me at least) is hard because of the map sizes and lack of good sniping spots. The weapons are very boring and they all seem the same. Machine guns are placed in spots where you'll never use them. The mic support is great butyou still get whiny 12 year olds. Overall i can't stand multiplayer.

This game is not worth paying more than 20 dollars for.

Upvote 0