• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Options for server Admins in future patches

A server option to get the 2.1 capsystem back + the ability to remove the ability to see howmany enemies are in the capzone. The ability to add a reasoning behind a ban that you can view back in the webadmin. So you can quickly see who did what.

Ability for an admin to force people to the other side.

An official stat tracking site similar to the ut2k4 one, for clans so they can look back at individual players of a match to see how they did, and to see individual players growth.

Upvote 0
Would be nice if we could see some kind of optional squad system in place via the voip system?

Perhaps the abillity to split the voip into or create a squad channels?
Similar to the local channel but something that can be created but either commanders or an individual and allow people to join upto a limit of say 4/5?
There would of course need to be a keybind to broadcast to all other squads in order to inform/receive orders etc.
The reason I mention it is I have found a great many players enjoy playing in smaller groups and are intimidated by the a very busy, loud and noisy server voip channel.
This detracts from their full enjoyment of the game, perhaps this may help and give a better feel of realistic squad warfare.

Just an Idea?

Upvote 0
Would definitely love to see a more reliable logging system. Nothing worse then trying to find someones id only to see the log started over after the player left.

Additional option of session banning to go along with the kick/ban options in the web admin.

The option to turn on/off the ability see all chat in the server console in web admin. I know this one probably wouldn't make it in due to the possible misuse of it. Also, add timestamps to the entries.

Upvote 0
I think 2 of the biggest things for Clan Admins is being able to provide private slots and being able to quickly set up a server for match play.

I believe that private slots is a must for a future server patch along with improving the team balance issue.

As for matchplay I would like to see TW produce a set of variables that can be included into a new match play section on the web admin.
This would go a long way to providing a standard for competition play and provide Clans with a benchmark for league and ladder matches.

It's only an Idea but the more Ideas the more choice!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think 2 of the biggest things for Clan Admins is being able to provide private slots and being able to quickly set up a server for match play.

I believe that private slots is a must for a future server patch along with improving the team balance issue.

As for matchplay I would like to see TW produce a set of variables that can be included into a new match play section on the web admin.
This would go a long way to providing a standard for competition play and provide Clan with a benchmark for league and ladder matches.

It's only an Idea but the more Ideas the more choice!!

i think what we are looking for here something like in rcon4cod where you can execute a cfg and it puts the server into a match config.

Upvote 0
Ability to force-switch players to other team

SessionBan option on playerlist screen in WebAdmin

Ability to specify different server rules for different maps would be great - for instance, Round Limit = 3 / WinLimit = 2 on Konigs, but Round/WinLimit = 1 on Orel.

Ability to force switch a player's class - for instance, if someone is squad leader on Basovka, but for some reason refuses to use arty - it's a huge annoyance/handicap for the team, but kicking/banning them seems a little harsh. If we could just kick them out of the "squad leader" class, that would be nifty.

I'd like the WebAdmin chat messages to show up better in-game - either a different color, or the option to broadcast in center of screen, like you can do from ingame console with #.

Optional blind map voting would be great.

In-game admin-only chat: so that logged-in admins could converse with each other in-game, without the rest of the players seeing their chat.

WebAdmin console displaying all chat, including teamchat

Better logging in general

Upvote 0
The web admin is great, though in an in game admin GUI would be great obviously not all the functionality of web admin, but the ability to change map, kick players, submit messages etc...

There is...

When you join the server, login with your web admin account. Open console and type:

adminlogin username password

Then your name will show up in white in the scoreboard with "admin" after your name.

Some commands:

admin kick playername, admin kickban playername
And if you want to broadcast a message across the screen type in console: say #hello peeps (without the # it will only be a normal chat message).

Upvote 0
From the game console (and while logged in as admin), you can "admin listplayers" to get the player list and the player numbers. Then you can "admin kickban player#". This will record it to your server .ini file and does away with having to type in the name.

Floyd

(er...I hope I have the syntax and the proper command to list the players....its around here somewhere.)

Upvote 0
From the game console (and while logged in as admin), you can "admin listplayers" to get the player list and the player numbers. Then you can "admin kickban player#". This will record it to your server .ini file and does away with having to type in the name.

Floyd

(er...I hope I have the syntax and the proper command to list the players....its around here somewhere.)

admin kick list

Upvote 0
Here's one that might be easy.

Somewhere on webadmin, it would be awesome if it would simply tell you how many players are on the server. Just count them up for you. Often find myself looking at the player list, wondering if it is full or not, and have to manually count the players listed to know the answer.

On the same note, a tally of how many are on each team would be dandy as well.

Running the mouse cursor down the list and counting is a real pain

Upvote 0
The web admin is great, though in an in game admin GUI would be great obviously not all the functionality of web admin, but the ability to change map, kick players, submit messages etc...

There is a GUI.

Login in as admin.

Press Esc then game options.

Here you have the map vote and kick vote since your admin your changes will happen immediate no vote required. The only thing that does not happen is Banning.

Upvote 0