• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Combat Mission!

Darkseed said:
Meh. Using german uber tanks poses no real challenge (atleast against the AI) and is therefore boring. Winning by superior tactics is much more satisfying.

I agree. I was just describing a fun sitch form the "other" side, that's all. :) I am a big strat & tac guy, that's why I play the game.

we ought to form a little sub-group here and get some human vs. human games going! would be more fun than should be allowed! ( I am around most weekends. you know trhe drill, older, married, job, kids. I have no social life :p )

my x-fire is in my sig. hook me up! :D

@Panzer Meyer: I tried to add you on x-fire but the search turned up no user under that name. did you type it exactly right? let me know.

EDIT: FWIW, there are plenty of ways to set up challenging games versus the AI, especially with the ways to handicap (or enhance) each side. There's also the ways to make troops "weakened" and have low ammo and stuff. I have had plenty of challenging games versus the AI. it's all how you set it up!

Upvote 0
I don't have x-fire unfortunately. To be honest I'm a bit conservative when it comes to programs like these, is x-fire bloated in any way?

Heinz said:
WIW, there are plenty of ways to set up challenging games versus the AI, especially with the ways to handicap (or enhance) each side. There's also the ways to make troops "weakened" and have low ammo and stuff. I have had plenty of challenging games versus the AI. it's all how you set it up!

True, and higher experience for the AI works as well. Although there are more than one type of challenge, and i'd much rather be outplayed rather than just outgunned.

oldih said:
Well they look rather ugly compared to other games, too bad I do not own CMBB or CMAK (yet, planning to buy one of them someday)

If you buy CMBB make sure to buy the version with the almost 300 page(!) printed manual, i'm glad I did as it is a very interesting read.

Upvote 0
Heinz said:
I agree. I was just describing a fun sitch form the "other" side, that's all. :) I am a big strat & tac guy, that's why I play the game.

we ought to form a little sub-group here and get some human vs. human games going! would be more fun than should be allowed! ( I am around most weekends. you know trhe drill, older, married, job, kids. I have no social life :p )

my x-fire is in my sig. hook me up! :D

@Panzer Meyer: I tried to add you on x-fire but the search turned up no user under that name. did you type it exactly right? let me know.

EDIT: FWIW, there are plenty of ways to set up challenging games versus the AI, especially with the ways to handicap (or enhance) each side. There's also the ways to make troops "weakened" and have low ammo and stuff. I have had plenty of challenging games versus the AI. it's all how you set it up!

Now I am not sure what my xfire nick is. Its something along the lines of panzermeyer_ss maybe? Yes, panzermeyer_ss it is. Try that.

It would be a blast to play with some of you. However remember I haven't played either for over a year now, so I do ****...

Upvote 0
x-fire is a rather trim program. I have been using it for almost 2 (maybe three?) (EDIT 2: lol, i've only been using it for e year I see, according to the x-fire records, lol) years now. it helps you find your buddies in gaming, regardless of what game they are playing. pretty cool. you should try it. (EDIT:" if you click on my sig, you'll get a new window leading you to my "personal" x-fire info, i.e., the games I've played and how many hours on each, etc. it also shows your buddy list. there is an option to hide all that info, if that's your bag. ;) ).

as for CMBB/CMAK, I'd say I'm in the middle skill-wise. frankly, I would not care about losing to one of you fellas, as I am sure the fun times would way more out-weigh the loss. :D

Upvote 0
@Heinz, did you find me this time on xfire?

About the losing and learning more, it is true. Plus there is always more to learn. My friend and I played CMBO for about 2 years straight, first PBEM and then TCP/IP untill CMBB came out. For the first year, I always won. I was good, I had it down. But he of course learned from me.

I took a break for a few weeks, came back, he in the meantime played with other people in the CM community. He got a victory over me the next time we played, it was damn fun though. Because it was a challange and we had a back and forth battle going on.

But when i get home, I'll fire up x-fire and hopefully some of you guys will be on.

Upvote 0
Stupidest thing I ever done in CMAK...

Picking a Churchill VII on a map without noticing that the wheater was set to "raining". On top of that, the randomly generated map had a huge hill in the middle where the flags were located. The Churchill VII never made it on top of the hill by the time the battle was over, after at least 20 rounds.

:(

Upvote 0
I still play this game via PBEM if any of you are interested. it works very well (the PBEM), and it's easy to do. add me to x-fire if ya want (hzcheinz) and find me that way, or e-mail me at [email protected]

present x-fire screen name is Papal_Knight, in prep for MTW2 release. ;) . so you might see me in the x-fire window that way.

cheers!
ladiesmanavawz9.gif

Upvote 0