• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Krasnyi Oktyabr tactics?

It's really quite simple. If the Germans haven't captured petrol by the time they capture central yard they have a headache as the Soviets can continually flank the position at central. Plus, once you capture central and move up the spawn, you lose the ability to flank directly into Petrol.

With a few Germans in the petrol yard before you capture central, it's the other way around.

Upvote 0
My good King...

Holding the Petrol works just as well as rushing the Central, except with less routes for the Axis. 15 defenders in such a deep objective are really hard to dig out, especially when the Axis have lost the right side alley into the Petrol after having capped the Yard. They need to come through the center or all the way around the Hall to attack the Petrol. Its a very nice place to setup a stiff defense. Also, you have to admit... if the last objective isnt even active until you have this one... wouldnt that make the Petrol pretty important?

With these two possibilities there is no 'WRONG'.... in the end, it comes down to the teams and their skill/aggressiveness/focus.

:cool:

Upvote 0
Krasni is pretty simple for the Soviets.

Battle Hard for the central yard. MAKE them earn it.

Counterattack petrol yard from flanks, and contain enemy forward movement from petrol with minimum neccesary forces.

If they should cap all but construction hall, pack the hall, cover the stairs, and counterattack garage.

Upvote 0
Dear REZ,
You're partly right, but if Germans cap Central first, Russians spawn all the way in the back. That's what's most important change. That's the whole point of capping it first. Suddenly they're not spawning right next to both capzones. It is an immense tactical setback for the Russians. All the arguments of flanking the Russians is true and indeed it should be done. But capping Petrol should not be the primary concern. As for Germans only having only one avenue to attack Petrol: after capping Central, they can actually jump up back to the initial spawn and use the other exits anyway!

If Germans cap petrol first it doesn't change anything. The Russians can still cap it back, undoing everything the Germans achieved in attacking it.

Upvote 0
Munk Polkadot said:
Dear REZ,
You're partly right, but if Germans cap Central first, Russians spawn all the way in the back. That's what's most important change. That's the whole point of capping it first. Suddenly they're not spawning right next to both capzones. It is an immense tactical setback for the Russians. All the arguments of flanking the Russians is true and indeed it should be done. But capping Petrol should not be the primary concern. As for Germans only having only one avenue to attack Petrol: after capping Central, they can actually jump up back to the initial spawn and use the other exits anyway!

If Germans cap petrol first it doesn't change anything. The Russians can still cap it back, undoing everything the Germans achieved in attacking it.

EXACTLY! Good description Munk.

Upvote 0
I don't think Rez was saying the Germans should attack Petrol before Central, did he? My understanding is that he was saying basically what I said earlier in the thread - that Petrol is the place where the Russians can mount their most effective defense. The original question that started this thread concerned tactics for the Russians.

Upvote 0
I don't think a very effective defense can be mounted in petrol.

Very cluttered area, high points on the attacker's side, and on a flank, away from possible enemy traffic areas (which means that the patrol area will be flanked). I would not put my eggs in that basket.

Control of the center and using that as staging areas for counterattacks, with final stand, if neccesary (but probably not if counter attacking is successful), in the construction hall with the garage being contested to the last moment.

Upvote 0
ButterFace said:
I don't think a very effective defense can be mounted in petrol.

Very cluttered area, high points on the attacker's side, and on a flank, away from possible enemy traffic areas (which means that the patrol area will be flanked). I would not put my eggs in that basket.

Control of the center and using that as staging areas for counterattacks, with final stand, if neccesary (but probably not if counter attacking is successful), in the construction hall with the garage being contested to the last moment.

Trust me, it works. You just need to set up your perimeter at the forward part of the Petrol Yard (the end closest to Central) and have teammates who understand what's going on. Done right, it's very hard for the Germans to crack.

Upvote 0
I find the most effective defense on Krasni is first to defend the upper end of Petrol, because if the Axis take Central but not Petrol then they have no protected spawn and you can cut them down in an L shaped defense spanning the sniper yard and front of Garage then hooking up along the entry from Central to Petrol. If they get Central and Petrol it works well to have a core of riflemen and semi auto men defending the Garage and Construction Hall while the automatics move about in groups or even individually just harrying the Germans lines of advance and putting out spot fires (ie. break throughs).

Upvote 0
I was talking about another way (the one I think works the best) to defend Krasny as Russians.

Of course holding Central has proven effective, I agree with that. However I have held the map by simply having my current pub team stay explicitly in the Petrol. The Petrol cap zone is so deep that you can have a forward defense team, like Reddog stated, to provide an L shaped defense up front, and a long range deeper defense to the back of Petrol. It would take an extreme effort, and some luck, to dig everyone out... especially since the Russian spawn is now close to the back of the Petrol with no real means for the Germans to cut off the supply of reinforcements.

The Axis can enter from the front, which would be difficult, they can enter through the side Garage door, which I still consider the front area given the deeper riflemen and MG in the back of Petrol, or they could try to come all the way around to the back of Petrol through either the Garage back door or Construction Hall back door, which I think would be easily spotted and just as easily thwarted with the flow of new soldiers coming by that area. Not to mention, any forward team worth their stuff would communicate/report any Germans slipping by into the far Construction Hall doors or Garage doors.

Its my opinion that having all defenders in and spread out within the Petrol cap zone is a viable and with a high degree of success- method of defending the whole map.

Again, if your guys cant shoot or cannot stay focused on the limited routes while keeping their bodies in the capzone, then you're dead in the water anyway.

Upvote 0
Just about everytime I've lost playing russian the german team took petrol first. Everytime I've played and the germans try to take central first they almost never won. All this on pub servers. If the germans take central, they spawn in central and its much harder for them to get to petrol. At the beginning they can rush their left flank and just run into petrol. So if at least 4 or 5 rush petrol and the rest central. They can usually take both much easier.

Upvote 0
Ok I had to dig this thread up and bring new life to it.

To people playing germans I say FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ATTACK CENTRAL YARD FIRST! IF YOU CAP, IT CAN NOT BE RECAPPED AND IT MOVES UP YOUR SPAWN!

As for people playing russians FFS DEFEND CENTRAL AS LONG AS YOU CAN BECAUSE AS LONG AS GERMANS DO NOT CAP IT THEY ARE STUCK IN A ****TY SPAWN AND YOU CAN NOT RECAP CENTRAL!

Upvote 0