• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why I won't buy this game

patches

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 5, 2006
If there was any reason for me to buy this game it was going to be the tank battles.

Problem is simple.... you can't lock your tank or Boot someone out... for the realism lovers... in real life you could do this and hence stop some irrating git jumping in during a battle and moving you OR having to wait for the same irrating git to get out of your tank at spwan...

patches said:
If there was any reason for me to buy this game it was going to be the tank battles.

Problem is simple.... you can't lock your tank or Boot someone out... for the realism lovers... in real life you could do this and hence stop some irrating git jumping in during a battle and moving you OR having to wait for the same irrating git to get out of your tank at spwan...
May I direct your attention to a wonderfull game that allows for solotanking just perfectly?
http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/home.jsp

Upvote 0
patches said:

Haven't you caught on that you are probably one of the newbies, and thusly another irritating git who can't play to the rest of us? :eek:

Upvote 0
patches said:

Fine bye!

We have enough people shouting over VOIP "Get Out Of My Tank" without adding more. Your realism cry is utter BS. Why would you kick out your own crew in real life?

With the free week there have been plenty of people who were at a loss when in game. I have yet to have played a night where I was unable to get one new person up to speed in my tank.

If yo umust solo tank I suggest going back to BF2 or CoD United Offensive.

Upvote 0
These are all valid points.. I know that in real life you can not man a tank on your own... but tell me... what do you lot do when some one jumps in your tank that simply has no idea what they are doing? .. when you are in the middle of a battle, targetting, when someone jumps in and starts moving you about.... bottom line is... you have no control over it!

I have managed a tank both with team mates (over ventrillo) and where we have all jumped in a tank each and dominated the battle field.... on a Clan War this game would be amazing, but when your just having fun (and let me remind you that this is what games are for) there is nothing more frustrating than an un-wanted tank "friend".

If there was an option of locking a tank at least, which I'm very sure tanks could do... then everyone would be happy wouldn't they?

Upvote 0
patches said:
These are all valid points.. I know that in real life you can not man a tank on your own... but tell me... what do you lot do when some one jumps in your tank that simply has no idea what they are doing? .. when you are in the middle of a battle, targetting, when someone jumps in and starts moving you about.... bottom line is... you have no control over it!

I have managed a tank both with team mates (over ventrillo) and where we have all jumped in a tank each and dominated the battle field.... on a Clan War this game would be amazing, but when your just having fun (and let me remind you that this is what games are for) there is nothing more frustrating than an un-wanted tank "friend".

If there was an option of locking a tank at least, which I'm very sure tanks could do... then everyone would be happy wouldn't they?

They've something like that on Planetside ...which results in ...every Tank/Jeep/anything that can be moved is locked for you(so you can only enter your own Vehicle if it blows up...youre a sitting duck) , which is IMHO not the "reason" for havin a lock-out Option.
Sure its annoying to have someone drive you around while you try to take aim, but IMHO its better to "resuce yourself in a armored vehicles" then gettin a "you cannot enter that vehicles because it was locked down by its owner" Message poppin up yer Screen while you get 10 bullets of a MP40 in your back.

Upvote 0
I like both going solo and teaming up, but I've been going more solo lately since TT are getting rare to find.

IMHO, It all depends on which map you are playing and which tank you are using.

As an example, On Arad, I think it's better to go solo in the IS2s and Panthers. Since you pretty much have to remain nearly immobile in hull down position on the fields while using your superior guns to engage enemies at long range. Then it is annoying to have a knucklehead jump in your tank and drive you in the middle of the villages. On the other hand, because of their incredibly slow turret and the need to angle , Tigers should be manned by teams on Arad especially if they are on the offensive.

On Konigsplatz, going solo in the Tiger or T-34 is absurd, since you need a full crew to be really effective against enemy tanks and the large amount of infantry.

On orel and and Black July, there are enough tanks for everyone so nobody should get in someone else's tank without at least asking first.

Upvote 0
It's a tank, not a Killdozer :)

More than one person is needed to operate to maximum efficiency. If someone clueless hops into your tank, help them out. I (and many others) have done it countless times, and it works. Sure you're usually not at the top of the leaderboard for kills, but you've a) created at least a semi-believer in team-tanking, and b) experienced (and helped someone else experience) the game to a more full extent. That's a win-win any way you look at it.

And if you do get some uncooperative git who just hops in and pays no attention to anything, hop out and find someone willing to cooperate. Eventually they'll get tired of dying horrible deaths (or camping a single approach that no one goes down after the first death or two) and move on.

Upvote 0
patches said:
Just to add actually... the way the game works, only being able to drive, or man a gun at one time then in real life you COULD man a tank.. i'm pretty sure you'd be knacked but it would be possible.
are you saying that a single man could drive, gun, and scan for enemies and use the radio all at the same time in real life?:confused:
i hope you aren't serious

Upvote 0
D3terioNation said:
People like patches are a typical example of the total idiots that we meet everyday. If you dont want to team up with other people, then online gaming isnt for you. Goodbye!
Exactly. If you want to lock people out of your tank, then you have no business doing any tanking in RO:O. But maybe with that type of attitude, you have no business playing RO:O at all :rolleyes:.

Locking tanks to prevent teammates from getting in is ****ing stupid. There's a reason in RO:O that a driver's seat won't give you control over the turret. That's because tanks are meant to be occupied with a crew and not with one person being a hot potato and jumping from seat to seat.

Upvote 0