• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Make it stop...

Hi, enjoying it too!! It can be a bit overwhelming fielding 20 questions at a time;) "how do u get in tank" been the 1 I heard the most.
Ive never had drivers try to ram so many T34s in Arad as last night:eek:. I mustve called Stop 30 times to one whilst trying to explain things, but I guess they just wanna whizz round the maps a few times?!.

Great to see so many servers full (even though i couldnt get into any of my faves:mad:

But its great when somebody says thanks for help etc:cool:
Didnt try infantry maps as getting in tank shootin practice for IronCrescendo

Just stick with it and you know itll be great by next week when those that like it will buy and increase the community.

Oh and i want my cool sig back:eek:

Upvote 0
So far my gaming experience with the new guys has been pretty good. In fact, I'd have to say it IMPROVED, because (IMHO) the new players that don't know the game very well are MUCH more open to suggestion.

For example, we were trying to cap the HQ on Odessa (last one to go), and a ton of russians were RIGHT outside the capzone. I kept asking people to move up, but they wouldn't (which can be typical on a Pub server). I look back from the capzone and get their names. Then I call them out by NAME over the mike and say "so and so... please move up to where I am in front of you. You will help us win"

Doing that to two players won us the map.

One of the drawbacks to having such a small dedicated community is that we're all pretty much experts on the game, which makes leadership pretty difficult, since we all "know what to do." Having some newer players who aren't set in their ways yet is actually pretty useful... :)

Having some n00bs that

Upvote 0
Valac said:
Even though my name says tripwire, I am no longer with the dev team, so what I say next is no reflection on them.

Threads like this are stupid. People who make these threads are less than desirable mates on the field.

Instead of acting uber-1337 or whatever the "cool kids" say these days, help new players.

If there is one things that turns new players away, it is elitists.

And the funny thing about, the people that think they are TOO GOOD to play with trial players, you would get your ass whopped going up against the more humble people of this community who welcome the new players, and see this trial as an opportunity to make a great game better.

There are a lot of fantastic members that have posted in this thread, but to the boy who started this and like minds, I feel I would be better with 1,000 "NOOBIES" than 1 of you in a server I was playing on.
That was the most IGNORANT thing I have ever read. You act like I just pissed on all of the noobies. I just STATED THAT I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY THE GAME WHEN EVERYONE IS STILL LEARNING IT. You don't have to shove a stick up my ass and then pull words out of my mouth.

Upvote 0
[quote='[CiA]Stiletto']My experience thus far (all 30 minutes of it) with the newbies has been quite positive. Only about two smacktards, the rest were friendly and enthusiastic about the gameplay.

Of course, maybe they were being polite because God was speaking to them through white letters in the middle of the screen. :D[/quote]
Same here, overall I've been pleased with the new people. There's some issues of Banzai charging(Of Course I find myself doing that sometimes) and, you need to guide them through using artillery and so forth, but that's all part of the learning process that we've all gone through at some point. The free trial was a great idea, it seems to really be bringing in a lot of great new players into the community. and the more the merrier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Uber-Pig said:
Same here, overall I've been pleased with the new people. There's some issues of Banzai charging(Of Course I find myself doing that sometimes) and, you need to guide them through using artillery and so forth, but that's all part of the learning process that we've all gone through at some point. The free trial was a great idea, it seems to really be bringing in a lot of great new players into the community. and the more the merrier.

Agreed.

Honestly, all the newbies learning the game has been quite a fun experiance. Granted, TKs and the like happen a bit more often, but now I am a God among men... and it fits me. :p

Plus, for the most part, the trial players left are the ones who have stuck it out, and seriously want to learn the game. Now is the time that we need all the "vets" we can muster to help guide them along so they can enjoy the game as much as the rest of us. So that they see that this game is worth purchase, like we all know.

Upvote 0
This trial period has been a bit of a slice for some to chew. But in the long run we shall see a new crop of RO players. The logical result will be a continued evolution of the game and its community to the benefit of all. The nature of the game will weed out the elements that do not possess the faculties that contribute to RO, it's gameplay and spirit. What we have left will be simply, the cream of the crop.
If some call this elite thinking...so be it...I care not. It is what it is.:rolleyes:
Personally...I've been enjoying helping out the new chaps with the game. Some of them turn out to be quite intuitive and quite capable. :)

Upvote 0
I had forgotten about this thread till druid pm'ed me. So, I went back through and reread, I must say, I came off pretty harsh.

You have to understand, I am pretty passionate about RO. I worked on the game for a long time and have played since mod version 1.1. So to Druid, I meant what I said, but I could have put it a little more tactfully and I apologize for that. Most people that know me on these forums knows I am not tactful, I am honest. Sometimes it comes out brutal.

I will leave it at this. If you want a good game of RO, help new people out. They may just be the next great thing in your tank or holding an objective with a bolt and a piece of chewing gum.

It can be frustrating to play with new people. Especially when there is so many. This has always been a friendly community and should stay that way.

Upvote 0