• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO Free trial period madness

Well I play a couple of three hours a day(?) and it hasn't been so bad.
What have we here 30 % more players, I don't know, 436 servers, **** I was doing my best the other night and got BANNED, first time in my life, I'm not even sure why !
This has been great.
I was going to give up playing, to dedicate my life to the SDK, I'll wait till Winter, for the moment its to good.

Heck! they should do a free weekend once a week!!!
Ah ! There was one guy called NOOB, he smacked me in the teeth with his riffle butt,,,, so I stabbed him with my bayonet, = -1.
Apart from that NP....:)

The Rude word filter works very well I remark.

Upvote 0
Grenztruppen said:
I play DOD in a G rated friendly server, we dont condone idiot behavior. I used to play CS, but i stopped due to the attitude of 70 % of the players. Games dont constitute peoples behaviors; the people that play the game constitute the games behavior. Me and a friend connected and the first thing he said: "were being invaded by CS players" and to a certain extent its true. We were in ventrilo observing this for many hours. Fact is: not all but most dod/cs players have "e-thug" attitudes they run around tking. This may not be going on all servers but many. Last night i couldnt leave spawn with out getting shot.

I am grateful for this game, dont get me wrong. I am just pointing out some things I have noticed so far. I play many different games other than RO. That includes, Starcraft, DOD, and Natural Selection, but I play on certain servers-- rare servers, that dont condone the average communities attitude.

Ya there certainly are good servers for almost every game out. You just need to know them. For new people it can be very hard to find good servers when they first start out with a game.

Upvote 0
Volodnikov said:
I haven't experienced much trouble, except for one instance on Kaukausus where a teammate and I were taking out Germans when he apparently got bored and threw a grenade on me when I wasn't looking.

Not to mention in that same round some guy tk'ed me and took my machine gun. Oh, and the guy that decided to hijack my tank while I'm firing. I have no problem with team tanking.. but I was shooting, and this guy jumps in and starts moving. I told him to stop over voip and text. Both failed.

Upvote 0
The madness goes both ways. On our servers, we do our best to get rid of TKers and trash talkers. If an Admin/RCON is not on-line, we have measures for players to submit screen shots as evidence. But on the flip side, I have noticed several new players asking questions and getting flamed for not being an expert from the beginning.

The good aspect of this is that hopefully RO will attract more worthwhile players to help expand the community once the trial is over.

Upvote 0
Yep and i want to be lone in tank and some guy followed me and as i wanted own tank.

He played on own some man called Magnus425 or something and killed people.

On my tank he was Cmrd on arad i told the voice command Enemy in front and he looked in 1 clock.

I have yelled that to other that tank is on the 1 a clock

YOU CAN SEE THE CLOCK NUMBERS IN THE TANK CONDITION!!!

and he started to clock around but not to 1 a clock he looked 7 a clock 6 a clokc and to 2 clock and others but not 1 lol

This is a madness!

Upvote 0
RO had one of the best community out there so far that I've noticed (playes all kinds of games, and loads of em :D)

Sure there are always some asses that always complains about noobs and TKers as always... but I just ignore that server for the moment and look for a better one. Never had any problems finding servers that has satified my need for team playing :)

Im sticking with RO since it has the least problems with TK and rude people...
(As far as I have noticed ofcource)

Upvote 0
Chromanin said:
Much of the RO community is very grateful, and very helpful to newcomers. Now you're comitting the same crime of generalization against us.

If you have an uber attitude than yes, I am generalizing about you. You are right, most of the community is, but I can show you a couple hundred people that arent.

The important thing is I know what I mean, you can think I was talking about the entire community, or you can remember, this is the internet and some things are meant to be taken with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0
Rabid Turtle said:
The madness goes both ways. On our servers, we do our best to get rid of TKers and trash talkers. If an Admin/RCON is not on-line, we have measures for players to submit screen shots as evidence. But on the flip side, I have noticed several new players asking questions and getting flamed for not being an expert from the beginning.

The good aspect of this is that hopefully RO will attract more worthwhile players to help expand the community once the trial is over.

FK mod is a very good server, I can vouch for that, but my nephew got me banned from there :(

So I banned him from the Internet.

Upvote 0
Next time when u pull up something like this free trial, make a test for the new players like this.

If you want to play, you must answer some questions.
1. Does this game have a crosshair? Yes/No
2. Do you want to play as a team? Yes/No
3. Can you give ammo to MG-guy? Yes/No
4. How many guys into one tank? Only me/as many as can be fitted
5. Etc. Etc.

Even one wrong question and it would delete CS/ET/CoD from this guys computer and after then it would delete RO.

Upvote 0