• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

missing textures and red/orange ground?!

DarkElf

Feb 24, 2006
Whats up with this? I need help..
zomgnh0.jpg

DarkElf said:
well i have no idea whats wrong... ive completly reinstalled windows and it still happens. ive tried the latest nvidia and the betas. still having it.
... But have you tried to verify the game cache yet?

1. Load Steam
2. From the My Games tab, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
4. Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes. Do not verify the cache files for multiple games simultaneously - as some games share cache files with other games, this may cause problems with verification.
5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Upvote 0
Did you coincidentally change any drivers just before these problems? Perhaps the current drivers aren't right for you? I don't have an NVIDIA card, but maybe someone could suggest a good set of "older" drivers for you: uninstall current drivers, reboot into safe mode and run Driver Cleaner, reboot normally and install drivers, check all settings? (hopefully not a dumb question but you are running RO in D3D?)

Upvote 0