• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Free week

Speirs said:
For your information In IQ I almost scored geniuse (130+) and I'm 13.
So don't talk about how stupid I am when your a ****in' dousche. The RO community is mature and friendly when people like you don't make dumb ass posts about someone say they are not an accountable person. It's not that I'm against free week I'm against noobs tking and they ony way to make that stop is to not have a free week were any ****er can get on and start killing people. If they really want the game they will buy it. Creutz you really need to get a life if you have to bash people online and call them non-intelligent, and not accountable person. Get off your ass and go try to get a girl because obviously you need one to take some time off your hands.

Ironicaly you just backed up what Creutz said very well.

Upvote 0
So don't talk about how stupid I am when your a ****in' dousche.
The RO community is mature and friendly when people like you don't make dumb ass posts about someone

Isn't that being a little contradicting? You just outright insulted the guy.

It's not that I'm against free week I'm against noobs tking and they ony way to make that stop is to not have a free week

Oh, so no one is allowed to join the game and not be 100% sure on everything? I'm sure you weren't god's gift to the game when you first started, so just shut up right there and let me educate you here. By having a Free Week, rather than a few beginners start, we can get a large portion, which in turn after practice, can become mature, and keen players. That's the only way to make it stop.

If they really want the game they will buy it.

When something free is provided for a short amount of time, then obviously people are going to try it to see if they like it before purchasing it. Not everyone with 130 IQ blindly buys something for the hell of it.

Creutz you really need to get a life if you have to bash people online and call them non-intelligent, and not accountable person.

You insulted him nevertheless. I don't see how that's any different. Retaliation is the same. By the way, for someone who supposedly has a high IQ, you certainly are terrible at Writing.

Get off your ass and go try to get a girl because obviously you need one to take some time off your hands.

See? There's the insults again. Here we are, Mr. Everyone is immature and rude except me. Get a life, grow up, and get out until you can debate things intelligently and with a sense of respect to other people. It's no wonder people don't respect you.

Upvote 0
Speirs said:
So don't talk about how stupid I am when your a ****in' dousche. The RO community is mature and friendly when people like you don't make dumb ass posts about someone say they are not an accountable person. It's not that I'm against free week I'm against noobs tking and they ony way to make that stop is to not have a free week were any ****er can get on and start killing people. If they really want the game they will buy it. Creutz you really need to get a life if you have to bash people online and call them non-intelligent, and not accountable person. Get off your ass and go try to get a girl because obviously you need one to take some time off your hands.

13 no way!!! I never would have guessed from your rude, uninformed and immature posts

Upvote 0
Maybe there should be a another free week. I mean when this was first announced, I saw many "oh damn" messages on finnish gamepages like peliplaneetta.net . People didn't have the time to try this game in this week, mostly because it is a end of holiday season(schools start 10-15.8, and everyone is going for their last trip to cabins). Maybe in september, so if you would announce that now, people wouldn't have to delete the game, if they are still unsure about it, after the trial.

Second Trial wouldn't be so crowdy, and it still would give a chance to some unlucky ones.

There are few reasons why I do not like this trial.
1. It is hard to find finnish server, which is not full
2. Too much to say in game, after so many questions
3. Too many soldiers to control, cuz they really don't know where they are going
4. Too many new "i love the game/hate the game/have an idea which has been posted ten times before" -topics in this forum.

But there are few reasons why I like the trial
1. Maps are now unpredictable cuz newbies wonder to zones where vets would not normally go
2. Many players, really don't have to wait to get into the only full server
3. I can LEAD! DOMINATE! I am the MASTER... well atleast I can tell people to follow me.

I wonder where has this "new players are TK guys" came from. Really, there is no TK in finnish servers. Sometimes someone shoots a friendly unit but thats it. I do it, so do you. It happens, don't sweat about it. Most of the players who really are going to buy this game, are already learnt most of the basic things. If you wan't to help, tell the key commands, and other thingies in game forums. Propably link the greath infantry and tankcrew videos made by dev team(or are they made by dev team, dunno).

Upvote 0
Speirs said:

LoL did I say all that ?

English is not my native language but I`m pretty sure I didn`t make remarks of anybodys intelligence. Read my post again, if it still offends you , then I Apologize.
My point is that every newcomer is welcome and should not be talked down to for trying. It would help ROs community grow.

Oh and I`ve had plenty of girls in my days, And let me tell you they have never solved anything.

Upvote 0
While we're not going to put up with intentional TKing, we're always glad to have fresh meat...I, uh, mean faces. :p I've been shot in the back a time or two in spawn, but it's about learning the game. Is it frustrating? Sure. That's life, though. I play RO to have fun so I try not to get too hot and bothered by what I hope are the unintentional antics of those who are potential members of our community.

Upvote 0
We were all RO noobs at one time, so we should grin and bear the new people in hopes that we get a lot more hard core RO players. Most of us have learned that spawn killing ruins the game play and will empty a server quickly! LazorMane, that is why <RTR> logs global IDs of all who join ;)
Take care all,
<RTR> Col. Redeye

Upvote 0
Plenty of ignorant posts. I'm very glad there was a free week, I was very skeptical of this game and was unsure of it. I loaded up right when the free week went live and have been playing near nonstop ever since. Unfortunatly some people just can't handle simple things for a few days. A few TKs and the guys are gone, if the server's that bad find a new one with admins.

Almost undoubtedly there will be another free week/couple of days for promotion of this game to bring in new players and buyers. These guys arn't doing this just for the hell of it.

This free weekend has allowed me to try the game and decide my thoughts on it. Personally, I love it much more than DOD:S and other games I play due to its more realistic nature. I find the game play very refreshing and I hope more maps, countries, weapons, and vehicles would be added at a later point.

Now, next time I'm not broke and have money this will be my FIRST game purchase.

Upvote 0