• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Shamefaced Confession

Fiach

Mar 21, 2006
Ok, I did it, I didnt want to do it, but I did it.
I spawned as German commander on Basovka and during the 40 secs spawn time I helpfully explained that it is best to attack to the right at the start, and cap the ATgun quickly so we can spawn closer to the Trenches and it doesnt become a snipefest.

A few agreed, Moshe_Dayan also was a great help and explained the tactics. So over the next 3-4 spawns myself Moshe and few others rushed right, using smoke to cover the charge, dropped into the Trenches and entered the ATGun, I managed to get off a few Arty strikes on the bunker as well and we repeatedly in vain called for support.

Overwhelming numbers of russians would counter and throw us back time after time. Basically the majority of our lads would go straight up the middle or left.

Evenually after getting sick of calling for help in the ATGUN, I shouted in CAPSLOCK, 'Go thru the smoke you bleeding idiots, flank right ffs, CAP the bleedin ATGUN' a few times.

Ye see we did eventually cap it and the attack picked up momentum after this but should I feel bad for badmouthing my kameraden most of whom I suspect were noobs? Or did the vehemence of my actions justify the deed.
I mean if I was on the Russki side in the NKVD I could just have shot them for not supporting the attack.

By the way I think Basovka is a superb map but as Axis the majority dont realise that capping ATGun is the key or is this just my perception.

I'll get back to wearing sackcloth and ashes now for abusing noobs. (It was brilliant to see so many new and eager faces tho, if I could count the number of times Ive been shot typing an answer to 'how do I open a door/pick up weapon/ aim etc last night!!):eek:

FuRy said:
What servers do you guys play on. I am always looking for good team games but seem to get caught up in sniperfests or noob fests. Any ip's would be great and ill see you on there

I'm a bit biased as I'm in the clan, but head on in to the [DBDUK] server. You can usually get a good team game there, quite a few regulars show up. Or you can always laugh at the drunk clan members :)

Upvote 0
@Athena, maybe just pathetic?:D
Its not that I usually confess to my wrongdoings, its just that with all the pleas to help Noobs I thought maybe I had done wrong.
But no it seems like my megalomania knows no bounds so I'll keep shouting at them and forcing them on ftw!

I might just keep on flagellating though, its good for the soul apparently (ahem)

Upvote 0
Arete said:
I'm a bit biased as I'm in the clan, but head on in to the [DBDUK] server. You can usually get a good team game there, quite a few regulars show up. Or you can always laugh at the drunk clan members :)

Yeah I was on the DBDUK server last night too, lots of VOIP and text chat and calls for assistance etc, Konigs was a great battle on that server last night.

Upvote 0