• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A Post About Me

Chi

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 10, 2006
Northumberland, England
I have noticed in the last two weeks another player called Chi has appeared on the servers on a regular basis. He is also on a lot of the servers I normally play on. This Chi is a fake, an imposter ect ect.

Seriously, no hard feelings but if your reading this Chi(2) can I request you change your name please. I take it most players visit these forums and I take it he will have to register a different name as I am registered as Chi here and on the Steam forums. I have been using this name for 5 years now in various games and I dont really want to change it. I thought at the time choosing such a short name might give me problems in the future but this is the first time I have seen another Chi.

Just ask me in game if I am the real Chi and you will know its me by my North East of England accent. I got told off the other night when I joined a server because apperently I had been swearing and abusing another player in game. Again this is not something I do so you will know its not me if your being flamed ect.

If push comes to shove I will change my name but I would rather not

Ta

(The real) Chi

Chances are the guy won't change it.

You know it was actually this very predicament that made me select my current alias, about 5 years ago when I used to play MOH:AA there was another guy using the same name as me, and he was a bit of a TK'er. So I was sitting there thinking what the hell could I change my alias too, something unique, and in walks my dog (red heeler/dingo cross) and comes up to me for a pat on the head.

Thus I chose Reddog, as one word :D

Upvote 0
Name

Name

Chances are the guy won't change it.

You know it was actually this very predicament that made me select my current alias, about 5 years ago when I used to play MOH:AA there was another guy using the same name as me, and he was a bit of a TK'er. So I was sitting there thinking what the hell could I change my alias too, something unique, and in walks my dog (red heeler/dingo cross) and comes up to me for a pat on the head.

Thus I chose Reddog, as one word :D

I was in a band for a while in the mid Eighties and we chose the name The Red Dogs. Oooooh spooky coincidence .

Chi

Upvote 0
Thats really sad of copycats out there... if this is made just to harm what your nick is standing for that person you are? Or maybe unlucky evil twin selection from a thin air from no were... It do happens time to time in this tiny little world.

My Nick is over some 15 years old and i havent seen it copied by anyone after all this years so i guess yes am lucky.

Perhaps u have to change it if it case you more then good due to this twin? Perhaps something like: The real Chi. or annonce to the most of your friends and players that knows you the day u do whatever u might pic :)

Hope it fixes for you in one way or another chi... take care bud.

BR A N.

Upvote 0
Chi is commong tho, if you name yourself after something common its bound to be stolen, if your creative vary your nick in a slight way that makes it unique to YOU rather than you claiming the original spelt word personalise it if you want it to be personal to you.

Like mine would be stolen since its do with all the stuff surround 2pac n that not a uncommon name so i expect theft lol only difference i will have is some random (LTA) tag somewhere so old friends can find me

Upvote 0
I doubt he's a deliberate name thief. There are always going to be people with the same name... well usually. I used to be in a DoD clan with two other psycho chickens, which is why mine's the CS-kiddie styled alternating caps. Not to mention the zero and exclamation mark. It means that there's no confusion between me and any other chickens out there. Well, usually...

Upvote 0
Chi said:
I have noticed in the last two weeks another player called Chi has appeared on the servers on a regular basis. He is also on a lot of the servers I normally play on. This Chi is a fake, an imposter ect ect.

Seriously, no hard feelings but if your reading this Chi(2) can I request you change your name please. I take it most players visit these forums and I take it he will have to register a different name as I am registered as Chi here and on the Steam forums. I have been using this name for 5 years now in various games and I dont really want to change it. I thought at the time choosing such a short name might give me problems in the future but this is the first time I have seen another Chi.

Just ask me in game if I am the real Chi and you will know its me by my North East of England accent. I got told off the other night when I joined a server because apperently I had been swearing and abusing another player in game. Again this is not something I do so you will know its not me if your being flamed ect.

If push comes to shove I will change my name but I would rather not

Ta

(The real) Chi

We had a Chi on our server last nite dont know if it was you or the copycat, i think it was you chi on the [=LM=]misfits RO:eek:st server??? If it was it was a pleasure playing with you as you where a gentleman and played with respect as there was no abuseive or fool words set over the airwaves or typed in the game.

btw im [=LM=]Lt-Gruber*TT* just incase you wondered.

Upvote 0
51 and a half.

51 and a half.

Never rains but it pours,
I play as 51 and have been for quite some time, the first I believe, to use a number only name.

Last night there was a player named "51 1/2", I guess in six months he will call himself 52 !
No problem tho, I got his number....:D

Upvote 0
Name

Name

change your name to Evil-Nipples
:D

I like that, Evil-Nipples it is (j/k).

I have never seen a Chi on all the games I have played apart from CS:S. I didnt change it though as the chances of being on the same server as him/her on CS: was pretty small. RO is different as I look for low ping servers with no bots and am limited in choice. The other Chi has started playing on the servers I tend to go on: DBUK, Misfits, Wild Bunch. Mostly UK based servers with good clans and admins .

I'm from the North East of England as well.

Stick me in your favourites and I will see you on line for some southern softy killing mayhem. I will PM you my TS server add if your interested.

Ta

Chi

Upvote 0
To the OP... This is just something you're going to have to live with. I've been "surfing the net" since 1994 and even way back then, the name "Rameus" was always taken anywhere I tried to register.

So I just stuck a "B5" on the end and have never had the issue again. Either pick a name that nobody is going to copy, or live with it.

BTW, why is it that some people have a different game name than what they've registered on the forums? If find that a tad frustrating. I like to know who I'm talking to.

In a perfect world, everyone's game name would be their e-mail address, so if they were griefing in game, you could find out who they are and mail them a virus... :)

Upvote 0
Well, I chose my nickname from Sven Hassel's books about 6 years ago, and I've been using it ever since in every game I play. The unavoidable fact, of course is, that other people have read those books aswell... :rolleyes:

But atleast I'm the only Porta in -SUOMI-, and I don't play much on public servers anymore, now that we have moved into more serious clanwars.

Upvote 0
Chi said:
:D

I like that, Evil-Nipples it is (j/k).

I have never seen a Chi on all the games I have played apart from CS:S. I didnt change it though as the chances of being on the same server as him/her on CS: was pretty small. RO is different as I look for low ping servers with no bots and am limited in choice. The other Chi has started playing on the servers I tend to go on: DBUK, Misfits, Wild Bunch. Mostly UK based servers with good clans and admins .

Stick me in your favourites and I will see you on line for some southern softy killing mayhem. I will PM you my TS server add if your interested.

Ta

Chi

i'll do that. Of course i may get the other guy.

Where abouts are you from?

Upvote 0