• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Warhammer Online

Xendance said:
Well the "gr4phix" can't be near photorealistic or have per-pixel lighting when there is a massive battle going on with 80+ players. You would need some good hardware for that.

where did i say it has to be photorealistic? just sayin ive played my months of WoW and age of conan looks like a real breath of fresh air. For one the graphics are amazing and two you dont do any of that locking on and button bashing crap like every other mmo. You actually get to fire your bow properly and swing your sword around all in an mmo.

Upvote 0
revolutioN said:
where did i say it has to be photorealistic? just sayin ive played my months of WoW and age of conan looks like a real breath of fresh air. For one the graphics are amazing and two you dont do any of that locking on and button bashing crap like every other mmo. You actually get to fire your bow properly and swing your sword around all in an mmo.

Well thats fine, although it has nothing to do with the graphics. Warhammer Online is going to be all about RvR in the different zones, if you go the PvE route you will always been doing something to help the war effort. The developers have said you can go the entire game either through PvP OR PvE, that to me is what will make it better than WoW.

Upvote 0
Zoring said:
The Warhammer universe has been becoming much darker in recent years however... This game looks a bit more like the earlier 'goofy' editions of WH, with catapulting Orcs no less lol

How is catapulting an orc over a wall cartoony? They're orks. They're not smart. Their train of thought:

"Dem hummies iz inside da big wall, we needz ta get inside da big wall *eyes catapult* Iz gottan idear boyz!!!"

It's very much like the orks.

Upvote 0
Zoring said:
Yer i have yet to find a MMO that's been good since UO, and i tried most of them. As a warhammer player myself i really want this to be good. The only way they will convince me is if it feels like your in an actual war, as opposed to the spastic running around in flurouscent pantaloons or capture the flag bollocks ala WoW

I'm rather fond of my fluorescent pantaloons, thank you very much.

Upvote 0
revolutioN said:

Yes those things about Conan are true but the theme just doesn't appeal to me.

For me, Warhammer (especially hordes of chaos :>) > Age of Conan.

Upvote 0