• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Boring old server thread :-)

araub

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 11, 2006
I know I know you all have heard this before, about not being many servers with acceptable pings. But how come only in this game that there are 3 or 4 servers that have low pings to play on. And even in those servers there are people with pings higher than 100. And yes I have comcast and yes I live in Indiana. Do you guys understand what Im saying? Maybe it is just a coincidense that there are not many servers located around me.

araub said:
I know I know you all have heard this before, about not being many servers with acceptable pings. But how come only in this game that there are 3 or 4 servers that have low pings to play on. And even in those servers there are people with pings higher than 100. And yes I have comcast and yes I live in Indiana. Do you guys understand what Im saying? Maybe it is just a coincidense that there are not many servers located around me.

don't be so fussy with the pings. I play on European servers (I am in the US) when there are no good US tank servers going, and can play well with pings approaching 200 (185 range).

the game seems to handle them well. not to mention there are TONS of US teams with servers hosted in Chicago and Texas. I would imagine that you should ping well to those.

not to mention THIS guys post, which seems somewhat ironic given your post:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10389

Upvote 0
I haven't played enough in Ostfront at different pings to tell where my ping/performance curve takes a dive. At least my whole first page of the server list is under 100ms. In the mod I found that my accuracy with a bolt rifle really dropped off at 150ms ping and higher. The game was certainly playable at those pings, I just couldn't hit a moving target with a bolt rifle.

Upvote 0