• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

danjama

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 18, 2006
The LDN, UK
servers wud host more than just Arad and Stalingrad. Hedgehog, Barashka and Rako are the best maps IMO and yet they hardly see the light of day. Also, more servers should host The forest map :cool:

Just my opinion. More variation please servers!! Especially Hedgehog and that other one with the Hill and the Farms!

sonic boom said:
i don't like the voting,there are still some maps that i haven't played online yet.i like a bit of variation but it gets boring when all the same maps come up.

exactly

and i do agree that Baksan is a bit boring. It's all long range rifle kills, unless people actually get som balls and storm a, objective, THEN it gets good! When RO first came out, pubs played it quite a bit, but as my original point states, it is all the same maps nowadays :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Rak said:
But the most overlooked map is Baksan Valley, it was very popular in mod, but I haven't had a one pub play with it in Ostfront :)

agreed, i love baksan, utterly :D now though with the voting system usually the vote counter stays on 1, mine, or when im lucky 2, when another old mod player is in the server as well:p

Upvote 0
I want more:

Baksan Valley, Rakowice, Lazur and Basovka.

Always enjoy:

Konigsplatz, Stalingrad Kessel, Hedgehog, Krasnyi Oktyabr, Snowy Forest, Orel 76vs88.

I'm sick of:

Arad, Odessa, Ogledow, Bondarevo, Barashka and half-assed custom maps.

Small tank maps with a tiny bit of infantry are silly. Seriously, what's the point of being a MG on Barashka? Map should be all infantry, all tank or infantry with 1 or 2 tanks like Konigsplatz/Rakowice.

Upvote 0
Rogers1337 said:
couldnt agree more. Try the 9th ss, we have voting, but it locks the most voted for maps so the lesser played get played. It works well.

Ah, now I understand. Was wondering why only 1 map was available to vote on, then next time around, all were greyed out. Worked great btw, played lotsa maps last night that don't get to play very often due to silly voteing schemes.

Nice server btw.

Upvote 0