• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

And the worst Red Orchestra's species are.....

It seems like some of the FF limits are set too high. I think 4 is plenty, and 8 is way too high. 4 FF kills should cover any accidents, including a bad satchel discharge even with friendly idiots running into it. 8 is just asking for someone to go on a rampage and kill up to 7, and yet not get kicked. And it is just a kick, right, not a ban?

Upvote 0
Most of these have probably been mentioned already, but I'll go ahead and complain anyhow. It'll be cathartic. So, people who annoy me in RO:

* Commanders who just picked the class for the SMG and refuse to call artillery, help cap objectives, vacate the slot, or listen to their entire team telling them to do these things. We were all new once, sure, but on a map like Basovka you can lose the round for your team all by yourself.

* People who hang out at uncappable objectives. Sure, the way the objectives work can be a bit complicated, but it really isn't that hard to figure out. This is a lot less frustrating if the defending team is the one with no clue where they're supposed to be, because then at least the round ends quickly.

* People who constantly rush on the defending team. Maybe, if they're truly incompetent, you can push the other team back, but usually it just results in your team running out of reinforcements with five minutes left. This isn't as annoying if you're on the attacking team, of course. It's a lot easier to kill a defending player who's charging out in the open than one who sights tight in a good camping spot, and it's a lot easier to cap an objective when half the enemy team is headed over to blow themselves up in your spawn.

* People who open with their grenades in a firefight. This one's usually more amusing than annoying--it's pretty easy to drop someone when they're in your line of sight and can't shoot back at you, but it's a silly thing to do. Similar to this is the standard noob Two Blind Nade Entrance: *BOOM*... *BOOM* "Gee, I wonder which door that guy's going to come through?"

* Sapers who think their satchels are just giant grenades with no other purpose than as an offensive weapon. Racking up teamkills while enemy objectives remain closed and easy to defend doesn't really help your team much. At least there's the option of taking a satchel from their corpse after they've gotten themselves killed.

* People who spend the entire round crying for the sniper rifle. If you're really that good a shot, then a bolt should suffice in most situations.

* People who teamkill for weapons. Every time someone's done this to me, I've respawned, teamkilled them, and placed a kick vote before they finished picking up my ammo. They can take that **** back to Battlefield. If they'd just ask, I would happily trade them for their bolt for a spawn or two, but no one ever asks.

Most of these are just because people are new, and still have some learning to do. A lot of people will actually listen and start helping the team, but when they won't, it can be hard not to get frustrated and angry. One of the greatest things about Red Orchestra is that rounds are won with teamwork and not personal skill. The team that cooperates better will win 99% of the time. That's also the main source of frustration in the game. I can run and gun, I can snipe with a bolt, I can get a grenade through a window, and I can pull off bull**** hipshots all day long--but when it comes down to it, I'm just one guy in the capzone. If the rest of the team isn't there with me, then all those leet skillz are worthless.

(Oh yeah, by the way, I'm done lurking. Hi there, RO Forum people.)

Upvote 0
I realy realy hate those f*cking tank drivers. Whenever I am a gunner in a tank and the driver doesnt stop even tho I am spaming the stop stop command and typeing it and yelling it over voip I get majorly pissed and just blatently tk them the whole round and get in their tank and drive it away intill I get kicked. I even had a seven year old start yelling stuff in his high voice over the mic like no no we go this way! lets just say I got kicked real real fast. Same with this other guy who even had the adacity to type stfu when I was saying enemy front stop. I tked him the whole round to.

Upvote 0
Phantom2828 said:
I realy realy hate those f*cking tank drivers. Whenever I am a gunner in a tank and the driver doesnt stop even tho I am spaming the stop stop command and typeing it and yelling it over voip I get majorly pissed and just blatently tk them the whole round and get in their tank and drive it away intill I get kicked. I even had a seven year old start yelling stuff in his high voice over the mic like no no we go this way! lets just say I got kicked real real fast. Same with this other guy who even had the adacity to type stfu when I was saying enemy front stop. I tked him the whole round to.

Upvote 0
Phantom2828 said:

This is also my latest entry in the worst of RO Species....and I am not talking about the driver that doesn't stop, nor the seven year old...

NO TK'ERS !!!

Upvote 0
In addition to the nade spammers, TKers, and idiot tankers:

- on Konigsplatz the German guy with the Panzerfausts who goes sneaking off on his own down the right flank without telling anyone and then goes ape**** when he gets killed. "Man! Can't you see I'm trying to take out their tanks! Someone cover me!"

- people who don't even try to play as a team, they just rush off with their bolt action rifle and take on the world on their own

- the moron commanders who sit there and say nothing while people run around engaging in tank duels rather than supporting teams capping objectives

- the guy who never makes the jump from one beam to another in StalingradKessel and keeps falling to the floor below, wasting reinforcement points.

- morons who cook grenades and then get shot before they can toss them: instant 2 TKs

and my ABSOLUTE WORST SPECIES:

- a teammeate who manages to flank an MG thanks to all your hard work drawing fire and taking out the covering riflemen...then your teammate decides to kill him with a bayonet or club him to death with an SMG... The inevitable happens: the MGer sees a bayonet plunging harmlessly into the sandbags beside him, whips out his Luger and BAM! plants a round in the musketeering moron's skull while he's still thrusting his rifle into sacks of dirt. DUDE...JUST SHOOT THE F'CKER FIRST TIME AND QUIT TRYING TO GET A HEROIC BAYONET KILL!!!!!

That's happened to me twice in the last week.

Upvote 0
paulus1975 said:
In addition to the nade spammers, TKers, and idiot tankers:

- on Konigsplatz the German guy with the Panzerfausts who goes sneaking off on his own down the right flank without telling anyone and then goes ape**** when he gets killed. "Man! Can't you see I'm trying to take out their tanks! Someone cover me!"

- people who don't even try to play as a team, they just rush off with their bolt action rifle and take on the world on their own

- the moron commanders who sit there and say nothing while people run around engaging in tank duels rather than supporting teams capping objectives

- the guy who never makes the jump from one beam to another in StalingradKessel and keeps falling to the floor below, wasting reinforcement points.

- morons who cook grenades and then get shot before they can toss them: instant 2 TKs

- a teammeate who manages to flank an MG thanks to all your hard work drawing fire and taking out the covering riflemen...then your teammate decides to kill him with a bayonet or club him to death with an SMG... The inevitable happens: the MGer sees a bayonet plunging harmlessly into the sandbags beside him, whips out his Luger and BAM! plants a round in the musketeering moron's skull while he's still thrusting his rifle into sacks of dirt. DUDE...JUST SHOOT THE F'CKER FIRST TIME AND QUIT TRYING TO GET A HEROIC BAYONET KILL!!!!!

lmao nice story use of vocabulary espesialy the last one lol. Whips out his luger and WHAM! lol

Upvote 0
paulus1975 said:

Whats also annoying is when you flank/rear attack a mg'er and you've gotten close to him and just about to bayo/shoot/hump/whatever him and then a teammate tries to test his rifle skills and shoot the mg'er and guess who ends up with a hole in the head...

Upvote 0
Phantom2828 said:

Upvote 0
Man, you all hate each other so very much...

Only thing that gets me is people who think I am connected to some sort of psychihc internet which lets me read their minds.

Generally, if you don't say something to me, I won't catch on.

I might not be helping you lay down coverfire because maybe I think I'm doing something productive. Just say "hey dude, help me out" or "hey dude, come 'ere a minute"

It's that simple.

Upvote 0
My latest hate is just general intollerance of many players. More often than not the so called veterans or people who were playing it in it's mod days. They generally think that they are somehow more important than anyone who joined the game after them. They expect them to play the game THEIR way and will insult/berate you if you don't. The same principle comes into play in so many different aspects of the game. Like people on this thread who hate solo tankers, simply because they think multicrewing is better. Or those who think everything is about objectives and if your attriting the emeny or frustrating their approach to a cap point, it isn't good enough. You should be going straight for an objective because some lard ass armchair general expects you to and actually thinks 'winning' a battle on a public server means a damn thing.

NEVER try to force me to bend to your will because I can guarantee you that I will go further out of my way to go against your will.

We all paid pretty much the same for this game. Not one of you buggers has any more rights than I do, and I have none more than you.

Let's embrace diversity for a change.

Upvote 0
Another _GERMAN_ who couldn't speak english more than "camper" ruined my game in french server where admin didn't understand english either ARGH.

I was german sniper in lazur and was holding right side of the yard most of the time, alone. Anyway: I can't recall the name of the player but he kept coming from the door - getting killed 8 times, when he stated me as "camper" and he didn't say nothing else until he died 2 more times in that same doorway/room, suddenly he changed side to german and came to tk me.
I tried to tell this to admin but no reply.
- I keep playing like nothing happened - then some time later same guy comes aiming me from behind, I shoot him. Then he starts speaking something in german thru voip (and he was not a kiddo) with other german. (french server.) I hate when people speak their own language at foregein servers as I also hate when people play worldwide online games without international communication skills.

I had to shoot him one more time when he came aiming my back again in end of the round, hate to do it - but rather him than me.

Upvote 0
Yes its true, the most problematic players are those who dont speak english at all and prefer to stay quiet the entire game
I dont get it, dont they teach english in the hellhole you live in ?
Even the most simple words, like HELP? WAR? COME HERE? RECTUM?
Nothing
My most hated people are people who refuse to listen, I am not a self appointed field commander, and I am not the best player out there
but when there is 2-3 minutes and we only have 1 cap left and im already in it 50%
and I yell "I NEARLY GOT IT! GET IN THE CAP ZONE NOW!!!11"
no one comes, no one!
they are all holding rifles still at our spawn tking eachother and jumping around tricky stairs
maybe someone will ask in the comm "Habla espa

Upvote 0
Drude said:
I hate when people speak their own language at foregein servers as I also hate when people play worldwide online games without international communication skills.
oooh, sorry but that made me laugh :D. On a foreign server the english speakers are the foreigners! And if we really want international communication skills we should all learn german and spanish as well as english.

HotDang said:
NEVER try to force me to bend to your will because I can guarantee you that I will go further out of my way to go against your will.
Hear hear!

Upvote 0
It's a pretty close race between the lot of players I hate.

-People who drive and won't stop.
-People who suck at aiming a tank gun.
-People who poop all their grenades on the floor the moment they see an enemy.
-Commander's who don't know how to use arty or command the bots (if there are any)
-People who think it's cool to shoot their own engine on a halftrack, and then wonder why I stopped driving. Could it be because you turned our engine into swiss cheese? Naw. Couldn't be.
-TKers who do it just to be dickheads.
-People who take the sniper class but suck balls at it.
-People who think it's neccesary to use TWO satchels on ONE tank.
-People who accuse others of hacking just because the 'hacker' is better than them.
-People who refuse to do teamwork in tanks and scream things like "GET TEH @#%^ OUT OF MY TANK U POS!!!!!111"
-People who you kill, and they just keep coming back for more by a series of stupid bum-charges instead of using some sort of tact in assaulting your position.
-People who won't listen to someone who knows what they are doing, and thus costing their team the game.
-People that speak in 1337.
-People who TK to take an SMG or Sniper Rifle.
-People who spawn camp in tanks.
-People who try to bunny hop when they take fire. (believe it or not, I have seen this twice.)
-People who think they can sit across the map and snipe tanks with a PTRD rifle.
-People who refuse to fire their weapon and just run around trying to stab people.
-People who repeatedly blow themselves up on purpose, thus wearing down their team's renforcments.

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there will be more.

Upvote 0
HotDang said:

We all paid pretty much the same for this game. Not one of you buggers has any more rights than I do, and I have none more than you.

You're right... as long as you're talking about YOUR OWN server. Otherwise you can hear your own words from the admins of any server and find yourself in front of a black screen :D.

Upvote 0