• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Black July

Jamer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 14, 2006
Canada
Another tank map I played for the first time 2 days ago. One difference I noticed is there are 3 spawns with tanks so if you end up on foot you don't have as far to go like on orel. How do you guys like this map or have you played it yet? It's big but I don't think as large as orel.:)

Funniest RO moment as yet on RC33 of this map. I'm in an SU-76, driving towards the right flank cap point. I see a smoking T-34 near the cap and the crewman bails out. He looks like he has no intention of suiciding and wants to run the whole 2 km back to spawn.

I think, "A-ha! time to be a good Samaritan, I'll pick him up" So I slow down and call out on VOIP, "Hop in! I'll take you back to spawn." He (62AS.2cl.Le_Duc) hops in and we turn round and drive all the way back to the Prokhorovka line. Not saying much as he is French and I speak no French.

We get back there and I let him out with a cheery, "NP m8, cya - gl" He thanked me and got out. I started up the engine feeling very proud of my act of selfless charity and drove off.....

...right over him!!!! - I didn't notice what side he had got out!!!:eek:

I could not speak or type for about a minute after, tears of laughter were rolling down my cheeks. To be fair to him, he saw the funny side too.:D

Upvote 0
Good to know!

I like your map alot, on par with Arad as far as my favourites go (Orel way too big for my liking) but there is something lacking. Cant quite put my finger on it. Perhaps it needs more landmarks cos there have been countless times Ive turned up at axis spawn (unintentionally) and stumbling upon 4-5 stugs n panzers slowly rumbling off.

Ended up taking a few cheap shots before being destroyed :rolleyes:

Upvote 0