• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Coolest Road Kill Ever!

Musketeer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2006
I was Soviet on the RTR server last night on Arad when I spawned to see no tanks. Since there was a clown car handy I figured I would hop into it and head to the other tank field. It too was empty so I figured I could at least infiltrate the South Village. On the way there I see a halftrack heading to the north village. I get behind it and at full throttle begin pushing it from behind while the driver tried to get to the town.

I kept constant pressure on him with every evasive turn he tried to make. Finally he went down into the river and I stayed on him. As he turned up the embankment I changed angle on him ever so slightly and force him to flip. Luckily the driver who hopped out had no Panzerfaust! He grendaed the car for some damage and managed to stay too close for my MG to get him. Switching to the driver's seat I tore off, spun around, and ran him down as he went for cover.

It was so cool I just had to relate this. I wish I could have seen it from third person. The halftrack runnign for all its worth with the clown car ramming the rear bumper at full speed in a chase all along the north side of the river. What a hoot.

hehe well I was playing that map with a few IC guys I was on the soviet side and thy where on the germans three of them had goten in a tiger and where doing prity well... then I come screaming in with a BA-64 parked it next to the river thy had parked them selfs on noticed that there was a panther near by so I put a stachel on it first and that went off, 1 tank and 2 germans..., then i went up to the Tiger and put a stachel on it as well... booom 3 dead IC buddys in a tiger...

A short time later thy where back in a Tiger and as im driveing up to drop my charge one of the guys noticed me so he gets out wich I promply run him over with the BA-64. then I get out and drop the stachel. By this time the other two guys in the tank get out and a fire fight opens up with me geting killed... thy know the charge has been layed so thy run off, but for some odd reson thy deside to go back to the tank and drive off but by that time the charge gose off getting the tank and the two remaning players...

Upvote 0
Well I don't have quite as distinguished road kill record as some of the above posters, but mine experience was short and sweet.

I was in an IS-2 during a 2.SS practice in the driver's position. We were in Konigsplatz, and the drill was that the German team, starting from the Reichstag building, would try to get to the Moltke Monument alive. The Germans weren't allowed to use any anti-tank weaponry for the first part of this drill, so the only way to survive the Soviet defenses (consisted only of tanks, two T34-85s and one IS-2 [me]) were to sneak by evasively.

Some of the Germans were smart about it and took it slow by going prone all the time if the turret of our tank was facing their general direction. Well, as the driver the gunning of German soldiers were to be done by the tank commander, but I occasionally popped the hatch open to look around. I spotted a German infantryman prone, taking it slow. Apparently he was unaware that our tank was to his 6 o' clock (maybe because we never went full throttle when looking around) and I turned towards him. He didn't notice, and I decided to gun it up. Despite the dispute from the tank commander, screaming at me to stop so he can shoot at an area where he thought some Germans were at, I went straight for the infantryman. The German heard the tank and turned around to look. I suppose he was surprised as hell to see me, because he began to get up and run away. It was too late, he was crushed with 60 tons of Stalinist glory. The satisfying part was that the tank commander stopped his protest and said "oh, I didn't know you were trying to do that".

:)

Upvote 0