• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tank weaknesses

Wint-O-Green

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 25, 2006
Needless to say, I want to be effective with all classes. I think I've pretty much done this well, except for the PT Soldat class. I cannot for the love of God figure out where to hit the different tanks with my rifle to make an effective hit. I hear the ammo canister, or ammo whatever of the tank is usually effective. however I have no clue where this part of the tank is, not to mention it being different for all the tanks.

Anyone got any hints or explainations?

Even better would be images with the weakspots of all the tanks hilighted.

Wint-O-Green said:
Okay. I have gotten down popping pretty much all the tanks with a PTRD rifle EXCEPT the Tiger. I have tried both it's crit zones from every bloody angle I could concieve, and my shots always bounce off. Any ideas?

The Tiger's armor is too thick for the PTRD.

Actually, it looks like the PTRD is a bit overpowered in this game, and shouldn't be doing the kind of damage it's already doing to some of the tanks. I figure this is a compromise, since we can't damage the type of things PTRDs were really used against later in the war, such as tank optics, turret rings, etc.

Upvote 0
I love the lengths the devs went to make sure the teams were properly 'balanced'. You know, giving the Germans PzIV F2s and Stug III F (or F/8, we can never be sure) rather than, you know, the models which were produced the most.

But on the other hand, the Russians get to enjoy wickedly effective 45mm armor on THEIR tanks (everyone knows angling makes a major difference... when you're getting fired on from three meters away. hurr.), the BA-64 (actually the BA-64B is the model in the game, hence these production numbers) only had 5,000 produced, which, for the Russians, is nearly zero. The BA-64B was also introduced in 1943, the same time as the Stug III G and the Panzer IV H.

Not only that, the Russians get an anti-tank weapon that can kill ANY German tank in two shots or less. Most of them in one. And, from the looks of that video, the PTRD can do it at near any range, too.

I won't even go in to the SU-76 with its chobham auto-reactive armor system with a mesh of depleted uranium to protect against panzerfausts.

No, I'm not bitter at all.

Upvote 0
Crim said:
I love the lengths the devs went to make sure the teams were properly 'balanced'. You know, giving the Germans PzIV F2s and Stug III F (or F/8, we can never be sure) rather than, you know, the models which were produced the most.

But on the other hand, the Russians get to enjoy wickedly effective 45mm armor on THEIR tanks (everyone knows angling makes a major difference... when you're getting fired on from three meters away. hurr.), the BA-64 (actually the BA-64B is the model in the game, hence these production numbers) only had 5,000 produced, which, for the Russians, is nearly zero. The BA-64B was also introduced in 1943, the same time as the Stug III G and the Panzer IV H.

Not only that, the Russians get an anti-tank weapon that can kill ANY German tank in two shots or less. Most of them in one. And, from the looks of that video, the PTRD can do it at near any range, too.

I won't even go in to the SU-76 with its chobham auto-reactive armor system with a mesh of depleted uranium to protect against panzerfausts.

No, I'm not bitter at all.

Seconded :)

Upvote 0
Crim said:
But on the other hand, the Russians get to enjoy wickedly effective 45mm armor on THEIR tanks (everyone knows angling makes a major difference... when you're getting fired on from three meters away. hurr.)

on the (2nd) other hand the ptrd is less mobile and if the tanks dont offer you a flat side you

Upvote 0
Panzerfausts like to be random in how they do damage. I fired on a Panzer IV and a Panther at nearly point blank-range today, at the side near or on the ammo storage spot, and it only damaged them. And I couldn't get a second on because I was a Russian at a supply depot with the respawning Panzerfausts. Other times, one shot, one kill to the side. I've also seen my Panzerfaust only damage a BA-64 many times, though it did make the BA jump and if it was moving, usually tip over. Other times a stationary BA with an MG gunner, it will hop to one side a few feet and the gunner will keep shooting my comerades. :mad:

Upvote 0