• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Poor Framerate

Commissar{SK}

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 26, 2006
USA
This is a recurring problem that I have had with Red Orchestra for quite a while. I usually get framerates of about 10-20 fps and even lower in some maps especially on full servers.

As I've said I've had this problem before and I solved it by disabling the on-board sound on my motherboard since I'm using my Creative X-Fi card. That got my framerate in RO in the 60s+ with everything turned up.

Now, the problem has returned and yet the on board motherboard audio is still disabled, which leaves me completely stumpted as to what the problem is. I believe it still is an audio problem because when I set the display settings both in game and within the nvidia drivers to their lowest, I still get the same poor fps as when they are set to their highest. Also, my framerate dosen't seem to get any worse when I reenable my on-board sound. I have checked to make sure that I have the latest audio drivers for my X-Fi, motherboard BIOs, and video card.

I'm trying to remember what I've done since the problem has reoccurred, and I can think of nothing that would substantially change the situation. I do however use the SDK frequently.

Could it have something to do with the new file system? The problem seemed to have been noticable at around the time it was released. I have reinstalled Steam completely as well as defragged my hard drive a couple days ago but still no progress.

My System:
ASUS P5AD2 Premium Motherboard
Nvidia Geforce 7800GTX PCI Express Video Card
775 Pentium 3.6 GHZ CPU with HT
Creative X-Fi Platinum Sound Card
2048 MB RAM

Last edited:
Couple of things that may or may not apply to your case:

-If your vsync is on in nvidia control panel, make sure triple buffering is turned on as well.

-"system driver" in RO audio settings has to be unchecked for XFI card.

-cachesizemegs in RO ini should be changed from 32 to 128

-precache in audio section of RO ini should be true.

Upvote 0