• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

drive enemys tank

mrvim

Jun 28, 2006
hello,

why cant drive a german tank driver a russian tank or a russian a german tank? i know that rommel captured a lot of english tanks in africa and used them against his enemy...may be we have more thrilling if a vehicle looks like from the own troop, but it is shooting. the pioneers has one more task: they could destroy the own vehicle to avoid capturing from the enemy soldiers (if the vehicle is behind the frontline)

If anyone is intrested in the PzKpfw T-34(r) and how they were painted, I suggest a trip over to the Achtung Panzer website for some nice photos and some history.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/t34.htm

EDIT: Here's a picture of a captured StuG IIIG, pressed into service in the 5th Guard Armored Brigade, 4th Ukrainian Front. The Russians had left the original paint scheme, but added a load of Russian stars all over it. I'm not sure what I like most, the red stars or the "Death to the German Invaders" painted on the front.

http://www.achtungpanzer.com/images/sovstug.jpg

The real question is, how did both sides intend to keep themselves supplied with rounds and/or spares

Last edited:
Upvote 0
specialized training and honestly if you ever played BF2 and had all your vehicles stolen by the other team you'd understand why I am completly against this idea. Nothing worse than your team capping flags and then all of a sudden you're attacked from rear with your own tanks and die, and then spawn to have nothing to drive and kill them with. It would ruin gameplay.

Upvote 0
It would be nice when there would be some maps on which german defenders captured some allied tanks in a previous battle to use them the next time russians attacking(and vice versa). Those tanks should be clearly to identify as captured vehicels.
cpkv1.jpg

This one looks like when it has been repainted in a white or light crey color, so it should be no problem to identify it.
Another possibility would be to give the enemy a tank you do not have, like a captured ISU-85 for the germans or maybe a SU76i(rebuild Pz III) for the russians.
Another thing would be captured and changed enemy tanks, like this one:
kv75mm.jpg

KV-1 in dark yellow with cupola and german 7,5cm KwK, seen in the year 1943. COuld be a nice addition for some maps playing during this period.

Upvote 0
mrvim said:
hello,

why cant drive a german tank driver a russian tank or a russian a german tank? i know that rommel captured a lot of english tanks in africa and used them against his enemy...may be we have more thrilling if a vehicle looks like from the own troop, but it is shooting. the pioneers has one more task: they could destroy the own vehicle to avoid capturing from the enemy soldiers (if the vehicle is behind the frontline)

how the game is played, this makes no sence, as no one woud use abadoned enemy tanks, in the midle of a fight. The fear of own fire, enemy units attacking and no knowlegde about the damage or how the mechanic works (as already pointed by murphy, you need special crews), woud not alow you to do it.

Enemy vehicles, that have been used in large quantities, like the many captured T34, have been only used, after they have been captured and sended back, with a own classification to prevent beeing killed by own units. Using them while the battle was never standart.

Only way, i see, woud be to give right away from the begining of the map the abilty, to use captured vehicles, as the T34/76 with german (black cross) markings for example, that woud make much more sence. There hase been a old costum map based on historical actions, where you had panthers fighting on german and russian side. Was realy fun to play.

Moz said:
I agree with that EXCEPT on half-tracks and clowncars, if you can drive standard you can drive both of these vehicles.
but no one woud ever do that realy in the heat of a battle, couse you will then become a shell magnet, to your own comrades, so just think about, entering a enemy car, just to get pined down by a stuka or own tank unit then ... . The difference is only for the game, there killed people can complain about, so i realy woud not like this ingame :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0