• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

next gen expectations

:eek::eek::eek: Check out the system requirements...There not offical though...

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 256k+
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

It can eat my system for a snack...

http://www.crysis-online.com/Information/System%20Requirements/

Upvote 0
ZacK said:
:eek::eek::eek: Check out the system requirements...There not offical though...

Minimum Requirements

CPU: Athlon 64 3000+/Intel 2.8ghz
Graphics: Nvidia 6600/X800GTO (SM 2.0)
RAM: 768Mb/1Gb on Windows Vista
Internet: 256k+
Software: DX9.0c with Windows XP

Recommended Requirements

CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5Gb
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista

It can eat my system for a snack...

http://www.crysis-online.com/Information/System%20Requirements/

The system requirements for many of these new games are ridiculous. I know these game developers want to push the hardware, but they are just hurting themselves in the long run. It's hard to sell a game when most of your target audience can't run the thing. It's also funny that they require an operating system that's not due out to sometime next year.

Upvote 0
Err said:
I don't think there's going to be a mad dash to upgrade to Vista. It would be a very stupid move on Microsofts part to not make a version of DX10 for XP.
Oh, you were reffering to that. I'm certainly on your side for that one, but I imagine (hope) most games will be like UT2004 / RO with D3D10 / D3D as options. Currently most games still support OSes down to 98, so I can't see that it would ever be normal for games to be vista dependant.

Upvote 0
Those crysis screens are kinda funny though, three floating heads? That look little like the heads of the ingame characters? Terrain not unlike something achieved in Bryce 3D how many years ago? Yeah, I'm a cynical bastard. If it floats your boat though, good for you, I'm not out to bash opinions.

(oh, and real Real-Time Weapon Change will signify the final leap to Next-Gen :p)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MrBunsy said:
Oh, you were reffering to that. I'm certainly on your side for that one, but I imagine (hope) most games will be like UT2004 / RO with D3D10 / D3D as options. Currently most games still support OSes down to 98, so I can't see that it would ever be normal for games to be vista dependant.

MS is pushing for Vista-only games, actually. All the games from their in-house studios will be that way.

Upvote 0
2ltben said:
I'm waiting for an FPS to use realtime rendering on a Spore scale. Since UE3 incorporated the Reality Engine, it should be possible to have an "infinite" map size, though a processing level of detail system would be a must for any sort of multiplayer capabilities.

Erm torque shader engine?

İ really doubt that that are the minimum reqs. I except something along the line of p4 2.4 ghz. I really doubt a 1 ghz jump from the first next gen fps game GRAW which required 2ghz at least.

Upvote 0
Phoenix-D said:
MS is pushing for Vista-only games, actually. All the games from their in-house studios will be that way.

A'yup. Shame too, they own the MechWarrior license. Bastards.

They can keep their spooge-wad OS and exclusive titles. I'll be back here 'faking it' on Linux.

Now that I think about it, though...Maybe the DX10 'Vista Exclusive' might be a good thing, and we'll see more Linux versions of games from bigger developers...? There is nothing Windows can do that Linux can't do.

Upvote 0
Tak said:
A'yup. Shame too, they own the MechWarrior license. Bastards.

They can keep their spooge-wad OS and exclusive titles. I'll be back here 'faking it' on Linux.

Now that I think about it, though...Maybe the DX10 'Vista Exclusive' might be a good thing, and we'll see more Linux versions of games from bigger developers...? There is nothing Windows can do that Linux can't do.

Compatibility is still a problem for Linux. Also, Linux driver installations aren't excatly user friendly.

I obtained a copy of Vista the other day. I must say that so far I'm impressed with the "aero" interface. The installation also went off without an hitch. Even so, it's bloated. There are at least 10 more processes running than I have with XP. It also takes longer to boot.

Upvote 0
Bob Joel said:
(oh, and real Real-Time Weapon Change will signify the final leap to Next-Gen :p)

Dont forget about the GIANT ENEMY CRABS either.

Crabbattle-1.jpg

Upvote 0
Actually, when XP was released, M$ spend a fortune pulling Win98 from the stores so only XP was on sale, i dont think we should expect anything different this time around, infact, seeing as copy protection of all sorts have been such a big priority with Vista, i'd say theres a lot of money invested there, money that would be wasted if XP is allowed to live on.

My bet is M$ will do anything they can to strongarm people to make the jump to Vista, just a heads up..

Upvote 0