• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is Red Orchestra going to hit stores in Australia?

Headgib

Jul 13, 2006
Hi, i've been watching this game for a while and I want to get it (I have the money now) but i'd like to get it retail if it is in fact coming out retail.

So pretty much my qestion is.

Is this game coming out retail in Australia? If so then how long?

Sure if it's coming out in maybe a week i'll wait... but if it's more i'll probably just get it off Steam.

And sorry if it's in another thread, but I did some searches and I didn't find anything.

EDIT: Ahhh stuff it, I can't wait for it! I just brought it off steam :D.

See you guys on the battlefield!

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know about that Wilsonam.

I have been playing this game the past couple of hours and I have to say it absolutley kicks arse!

From the feel of the realistic weapon swaying to the feel of stabbing someone with a bayonet. This is the best WW2 sim I have played EVER.

Keep up the great work guys!

Oh and just one little thing.

I was just wondering if there is a way to bring up the MP3 player like in UT2004. Just in case I feel like listening to a few tunes while I kill people. What a combo huh?

Upvote 0
The biggest distributer in games here in Australia is EB.Gameswarehouse must have ordered RO from some retailers or distributors in the states,for them to charge that much,seeing as its about $34 aus from steam.
Wilsonam we need you to get some retail distribution going in Oz,our RO community is small, partly because of the lack of retail and demo.
We have about 1-2 32 player servers filling up most nights,but there are six servers available and some run custom maps aswell.
I hope you can work your magic panzerfaust here in Australia aswell.

Upvote 0
BooBoo said:
The biggest distributer in games here in Australia is EB.Gameswarehouse must have ordered RO from some retailers or distributors in the states,for them to charge that much,seeing as its about $34 aus from steam.
Wilsonam we need you to get some retail distribution going in Oz,our RO community is small, partly because of the lack of retail and demo.
We have about 1-2 32 player servers filling up most nights,but there are six servers available and some run custom maps aswell.
I hope you can work your magic panzerfaust here in Australia aswell.

We can only hope mate! Everyone loves CSS :( (Over 400 Australian servers for it)

Upvote 0
k, so I mailed them and said it was ****ing expensive (I was of course more polite than that...)

here's the response

repsonenf0.png

Upvote 0
Shouldn`t be that expensive to import , even to Australia.
I know people who send pallets of low price software all the way from scandinavia , and I the games is still low price when the hit the retailers down there (under?? )
I was a really lame responce I must say.
Maybe he had a tiresome day.

Upvote 0
Just off topic abit here. But the Australian /New Zealand RO community is proving to be quite solid ,with lots and lots of players getting very good -thus creating some very close battles.
I also think there are enough good players to start thinking about starting up another clan. I have thought about applying for a USA based clan ,but would prefer to join one with fellow Antipodeans ,anyone else thinking along the same lines as me?

Has anyone noticed Gamearena crashing on a regular basis?

Keep spreading the word ,see you on the battlefield.

A note to Devs -this part of the world is crying for something different from Dod or Battlefield , lets see the boxed version here soon.:)

Upvote 0
Although the numbers are growing in Oz, I think we do need the retail version to really push it. This was my biggest frustration with the mod as I was forced to play on American servers with a ping of 200 over. This actually made me a much better player but when I originally saw that RO was going retail, I was so excited because I thought that I would have the chance to play RO with a really good Ping for a change. :) Sadly, the servers are only full every so often and you have to be lucky to get a good game going with a full crowd.

I think if this game was on the shelves in Oz, it would sell by the bucketload. Get it out there, please!!!!!!!!

P.S I am not a sycophant, but I have to congratulate the Devs on the fantastic job on this game, I loved the mod and this is just everything I wished for in a retail version, so get out there and get it Aussies, its worth the cash.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A free weekend or a demo is what we need, how are players going to buy RO-O off the shelf, We don't impulse buy here like other people might, If they've never seen RO-O or played a demo and they spot it on the shelf at your local EB games they are not going to buy it. Also as a new release and being semi-budget title it's initial price will be low compared to most new games (I'd guess $65-70, most new games are $89-99) people are even more likely to pass it off as just another budget game slapped on the shelf at EB games (And god knows they have millions of them here).

Upvote 0