• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

anyone making a vietnam mod for this game?

jh1990 said:
yes it was, they made a sequel didnt they?

They made a sequel, yes, but it was not nearly as good as the original.

FarCry is about the closest current tech comes to creating virtual jungles, and Crysis will likely make those look like well manicured gardens. Jungles in UE 2.5 would probably be a bad idea, performance-wise.

For example, someone was porting a mod map to RO:O called "The Clearing" (not to be confused with Orsha Clearing). Over 300 trees, plus bushes, rocks, etc. This was more forest than jungle, but even still, performance suffered greatly. Especially if you even thought about looking up in certain tree-heavy areas.

Upvote 0
[CoFR]BeerHunter said:
Question I have is .. WHY??

Loads of games based on Vietnam ..
The only GOOD Vietnam game I've played is Vietcong. There were many parts in it where I stood there and thought to myself "oh my God! I'm in NAM"...it's atmosphere was dead on. You REALLY felt you WERE there. The makers actually went to Vietnam to get the game authentic and you can tell. It almost plays like RO in "Nam". Only problem is you need Fatalitys rig in order to get above 3fps in spots. So great game...TERRIBLE ENGINE. Take Vietcong on a good engine and you can Forgeddabouddit.

Upvote 0
Amerikaner said:
Oh man. You guys really need to quit it with these jungle scenarios. Stop and think for a minute. Maps can get laggy with alot of trees and bushes, how the hell are you going to do a jungle? Let it slide until Crysis.

and without the right hardware, that will again eat a lot of nice money ... it will lag also again ... werever you think about it, the resolution is ... laging :p

Upvote 0