• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics A use for the clown car

Heinz said:
your lack of vision is disturbing. most of us are here (in RO:O) for a realistic WWII gaming experience. for the most part, TWI delivered, and we get it. using gamey exploits ruins that.

Oh please... Get off that horse before you fall and hurt yourself.

Ostfront is a game. No matter how realistic it gets it will always be a game. The BA-64 isn't very realistic, but it cannot be considered an exploit because Tripwire released it with full knowledge of what it could be used for. Those of you that don't like it, please aim your chorus of protests at the developers.

In the meantime, you're free to ***** and complain about BA-64 drivers and their "gamey" tactics, and I'm free to laugh my ass off as my satchels blow your tank up for the 10th time in a row. Live with it.

Upvote 0
No, I don't find it odd, since I usually pick on the easiest targets: Solo tankers who camp at chokepoints and fire high-explosive rounds at anything that moves. Tank crews who are on the ball rarely get killed by satchels.

My point was that no matter how "gamey" the mad satchel bomber tactics are, they are part of the game and will continue to be used so long as they are effective.

Upvote 0
If you in favour of clowncarbombing read what other people write, they don't complain about you using the clown car to get in behind tanks, they complain about the unrealistic implementation of the clown car allowing you to this easily. Now, if your car had a penalty for driving offroad, if entering/exiting a vehicle acctually took some time and if AP rounds would not bounce off that thing nobody clould really complain. If you, with these more realistic settings, would be able to get that car behind my tank it would be my fault alone. Well almost.

Upvote 0
People instantly bailing out of a BA-64 is just as wrong as instantly bailing out of a Tiger/IS-2/takeyourpick.

It's something gamey across the board. A tank crew would be pretty powerless to stop someone they noticed had just slipped around their flank with a Panzerfaust, but in RO you can hop out and pistol/SMG them down. It's an across the board problem and though I don't support super-satchels, I can't support people saying 'don't do it' unless they refuse to jump out of their tank when they have been legitimately out-flanked or snuck up on by infantry.

But, yeah, painting targets with the BA is solid if people actually do it :)

Upvote 0
Tak said:
People instantly bailing out of a BA-64 is just as wrong as instantly bailing out of a Tiger/IS-2/takeyourpick.​

It's something gamey across the board. A tank crew would be pretty powerless to stop someone they noticed had just slipped around their flank with a Panzerfaust, but in RO you can hop out and pistol/SMG them down. It's an across the board problem and though I don't support super-satchels, I can't support people saying 'don't do it' unless they refuse to jump out of their tank when they have been legitimately out-flanked or snuck up on by infantry.​

But, yeah, painting targets with the BA is solid if people actually do it :)

I guess its too bad you cant use enemy vehicles
when the guy jumps out, just enter and mow him down

Upvote 0