• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

No gore-effects in Switzerland?????!!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master(G)

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 7, 2006
Switzerland
I got the German box from the game. I live in Switzerland and my IP resolves in Switzerland!
But still I got the "censored" version of RO. Why is it??

I also bought SIN: Episodes Emergence as German box but still got the uncut version cause this game check my IP and installed accordingly... Half Life 2 is uncut as well even though I bought the German box back then... EVERY steam game I bought so far is uncut, just not this one!

BUG???

Why is this not the case with this Game!?

Are there any officials from Tripwire which can change that!?? :mad:

I am 34 years old for christ sake!!

The "region verification" seems to check the CD-key, and thus, as it is a german key, limit's it to german content.
I don't know if TW (or Valve) can do anything about it.

And to calm you down a bit: you won't notive the cut that much, you still have blodd spray and blood textures on corpses after explosions. You only "miss" severed limbs, which you don't notice consciously after the third time it happened, and the "gibbing" after direct tank or artillery hits. The explosions are big enough though, so you won't notice the target just to dissappear instead of producing a "cloud" of blood.

Upvote 0
btw: severed limbs are NOT a problem in Germany either. Look at Brothers in Arms-Series from Ubisoft/Gearbox. It has gibbing and its 18+ available in Germany and everywhere else in Europe.

I don't get it!!

And I don't get why they could not make it via IP check like all the other steam-developers... ???
Using a cd-key as reference is just bull....

I would not have bought this game if I had known about this... I would have imported from the UK, like I am doing with every other WW2 game. But I thought it would work fine, like with all other steam applications...

Upvote 0
Master(G) said:
I got the German box from the game. I live in Switzerland and my IP resolves in Switzerland!
But still I got the "censored" version of RO. Why is it??

I also bought SIN: Episodes Emergence as German box but still got the uncut version cause this game check my IP and installed accordingly... Half Life 2 is uncut as well even though I bought the German box back then... EVERY steam game I bought so far is uncut, just not this one!

BUG???

Why is this not the case with this Game!?

Are there any officials from Tripwire which can change that!?? :mad:

I am 34 years old for christ sake!!
inform you before buying a game, thats why I bought the US version for almost 90 CHF -.-

but hey, YOU got a bonus DVD , maps and datasheets...

Upvote 0
Yoshiro said:
I am sorry to say but there is no way to unlock gore from the german box version. The cd key on the german box auto cuts gore just as an IP from germany would.

That really sucks. I work for a Swiss company and have been there several times. I am certain any Swiss citizen will be more than happy to explain they are most certainly NOT German and how they went about insuring that.

Could he return the game and then download it from a Swiss IP, thereby not getting the blocked content?

Upvote 0
Berentzen said:
in germany it is not alowed to shot of/blow of Peaces of the body (gibbing). So there would not be a version with full gore and no swastikas. i am from germany and i just bought the US-Version.:) PP- wie er schon sagte...

Look at it this way, in Germany they probably get all the gratuitous nudity that is missing in the American version!

USA = Sex Bad / Violence Good
Germany = Sex Good / Violence Bad

Yoshi, how do I get my version of RO with the nude St. Pauli's Girls that I know must be available to the Germans?

Upvote 0
Why cant there be a 18+ version alongside the 16+version? i mean, you can really push gore to extreme in 18+versions, even in Germany.
You can even legally buy the postal series in Germany if you are 18, and thats way more violent for sure.
Cant you somehow organize a age recognizing system that allows 18+ players to enjoy the full content?
I would happily send in my passport to unlock all extra content.
As a adult i really feel mistreated when publishers cut out features just so they can get a 16+rating and so "ripping" all the adult players, especially with games like ro which are more aimed at adults anyway.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.