• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Please port Danzig!

Ghad

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Bergen, Norway
www.battlefield.no
Please someone convert Danzig! I miss it a lot!

Lucius said:
Think about this:
Offensively the hardest part about Danzig was the bridgehead. In the mod the best way to attack the defense was to use grenades. These however have become significantly less powerful, making it harder to clear the bridgehead. Furthermore, rifles are much harder to use for offense now and much easier for defense. Another point that will make the bridgehead harder to get than it already was in the mod. (*)

Without proper adjustments this map will never be as good as it was in the mod. And I am not even talking about a proper grafical overhaul.

(*) in case of equal teams both in skill and numbers.....

It only needs some countersniping spots on third floor in the buildings on the alllied side of the river! That will give the allied riflemen opportunity to take out defenders, while automatchicks storm the bridgehead

minimap.jpg

krype.jpg

forsvar.jpg

Last edited:
If this port happens, which I truly hope will...then...PLEASE adjust the windows height!

The crouched aimed position is higher now than it was in the mod.

Thanks a lot.

On a sidenote, for those who never played it: Danzig is a true masterpiece.

Hardcore assault for the Allies requiring a lot of human sacrifice and a ferocious defence part for the Axis to perform.

Upvote 0
Original9 said:
I wish someone asked me for permission. :(

Noone's taking credit for your map, just transfering formats and making it look less like ass. Its still credited to you. There are alot of players who would like to play this once "official" map again with other people instead of bots in a dead mod. Wouldnt your time be better spent building a new masterpiece rather than grumbeling over a map you likely had no desire to ever touch again?

Back on topic, Danzig was an awesome map. Infact, it was one of my favorites. Id love to see that one return.

Upvote 0
This map should not be ported, as it is - as Wilsonam mentioned - owned by a professional Epic mapper. There could be legal issues with this.

If you guys recall, when the SDK was released, Tripwire said that it was OK to bring in meshes, maps, and other assets as long as there was permission from the original author.

Wilsonam said he would contact the author in this case, since it's not an amateur community mapper's work.

Upvote 0
breadtruck said:
Noone's taking credit for your map, just transfering formats and making it look less like ass. Its still credited to you. There are alot of players who would like to play this once "official" map again with other people instead of bots in a dead mod. Wouldnt your time be better spent building a new masterpiece rather than grumbeling over a map you likely had no desire to ever touch again?

Back on topic, Danzig was an awesome map. Infact, it was one of my favorites. Id love to see that one return.

It's the thought that counts, buddy. I'm not sitting here pissing myself because people are remaking my maps without my permission. I'm just a little heart broken that noone bothered to ask if I cared. ;(

Wasn't Danzig made official after the mod won the contest anyway? Also, I don't think Stu works at Epic anymore because his e-mail doesn't work. :/ That or they changed it for some reason.

Upvote 0
I'd love to see a new version of the old Danzig, it was one of my favorite maps.
And yes as has been said before the bridge nading at the Allied spawn got kinda old so if that were fixed somehow.
Also if the map was a bit bigger and with a few different routes and perhaps a tunnel or underground bunker to cap somewhere?

I always loved that open area with the fountain, how about making that area a bit larger and putting a tank or 2 in there or some other idea to promote a bloody rush at the fountain?

Just a few ideas.

Monkeyman :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0