• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ro crashes to the main menu.

mghoe

Jun 28, 2006
Hi there,

Iam pretty new here (okay ive been here for 20 minutes lol)
anyway. I have had a problem with ro ever since it was released.
When I am in multiplayer it crashes every 20 to 2 hours of playing to the main menu (not to the desktop) it does not tell me any error messeges or anything.
I do know about zone alarm and I assure you that I do not have that on my puter.
I called my technician and he told me that I needed another stick of ram, I had only 1 512 stick in there and that I needed another. Well that did make it last longer (gameplay) and thats why sometimes it crashes every 2 hours of playing. Used to it crashed every 15 to 10 minutes, and if I was lucky I would get to the second map:eek:
Any help will be apreciated. Thank you
P.S: I am sorry if this has already been posted.

I'm having this problem too. It just started happening with the new patch, I have never lost my connection to a server in 2 years of RO.

http://home.comcast.net/~tom2125/RedOrchestra.txt

near the end it says this:
Warning: ROSPECIES_Human None (Function ROEngine.ROSPECIES_Human.Setup:01D8) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
ScriptLog: ROPlayer.ProgressCommand Cmd 'menu:ROInterface.RONetworkStatusMessage' Msg1 'Connection Lost' Msg2 ''

Upvote 0
Hi. I seem to be experiencing a similar problem. When i play in multiplayer, after the map has finally loaded, the game works fine. But when the server switches maps, after all the loading, i can see my name and ping on the scorelist, but i can't see my or others chat messages, and i cant move. I tried the beta but i found that caused the game to randomly crash to main menu, so i reverted back. Any suggestions as to what i might do? Thnx

Upvote 0
JordanC said:
Ok, then it's probably a problem with your connection. Have you tried it with all firewall and virus protection systems disabled?
no its not a connection problem. i now have this problem was fine before this new patch :confused: the game now crashes after a couple of hours. and when i shut the game down i have no internet it looks like the crash also causes me to loose my connection. this all started after this new 1007 patch :( i used to play the game for hours with no problems.

Upvote 0
Yeah i guess sometimes these patches cause more problems than they fix. For example, i heard the latest BF2 patch causes random server crashes. I'm still having problems with this, i might just stop playing for a while in the hope that there will be some other patch that, with any luck, will solve the problem and not cause any further ones.

Upvote 0
mstm1 said:
Yeah i guess sometimes these patches cause more problems than they fix. For example, i heard the latest BF2 patch causes random server crashes. I'm still having problems with this, i might just stop playing for a while in the hope that there will be some other patch that, with any luck, will solve the problem and not cause any further ones.
i got battlefield 2 and one of the exp packs :mad: latest BF2 patch is messed up i dont play it any more

Upvote 0
I have never lost connection after I shut down the game. I will try it without any antivirus or firewall enabled. I always thought w/ steam runing in the back ground a virus could sneak in. I have always been paranoid with those pesty things. lol I have restarted my modem and everthing and it will still crash. Thats why I dont think its connection problems.

I have noticed that when I play on low ping (100-50) servers I dont crash as much. Above a 100 ping I will crash after 20 minutes of playing or an hour.
So really part of me thinks it is connection problems.

I appreciate the help guys.:)

Upvote 0
mghoe said:
I have never lost connection after I shut down the game. I will try it without any antivirus or firewall enabled. I always thought w/ steam runing in the back ground a virus could sneak in. I have always been paranoid with those pesty things. lol I have restarted my modem and everthing and it will still crash. Thats why I dont think its connection problems.

I have noticed that when I play on low ping (100-50) servers I dont crash as much. Above a 100 ping I will crash after 20 minutes of playing or an hour.
So really part of me thinks it is connection problems.

I appreciate the help guys.:)
well i have played on servers that made my ping 170 i never did crash :) this all started when i got the new patch :(

Upvote 0