• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Does any of the devs at TW have other fav games they enjoy ?

I'ver never played OFP, but apparently it's really good according to you guys.

Even though I'm not a dev or mod or anything...

I like to play CSS a fair amount (probably about as much as I play RO) and a little DODS but not nearly as much as CSS and RO.
DODS gets a little too arcady, although the new update has motivated me to play it a bit more (the new detonation mode is a lot of fun).
I also play the occasional RTS game such as Age of Empires 3, and I can't wait for Company of Heroes, a new WWII RTS game that looks pretty cool (you guys should check it out on gamespot).
I also used to play BF2 and FEAR a little bit. Got bored with them both eventually.

Upvote 0
Currently I play RO on PC, no other games. I'm simply lacking time, and somehow the games these days can hardly get my attention or draw me in apart from some SP games. On PSP I play Fightnight. I love that game :)

Past games that I played a lot and have fond memories of (my golden oldies):

Shogo
HL + mods
Starsiege (Mech game with 64 player servers back in the days and 4 sides fighting eachother! <- awesome back in the days and I hardly see any game with gameplay like it nowadays)
Hidden and Dangerous series
Soldier of Fortune series
Deus Ex series
Ravenshield series
BF1942 (mouse-pilot) + mods
Vietcong
SWAT4
COD series

Special mention: Oni and NOLF

Upvote 0
fOgGy said:
I also happen to own the game myself. There's a sequel coming out for it currently in development, from what I gathered judging by the screenshots it looks frigging awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I knew there was a sequel in the works, but screenshots? If you have a link or anything, can you please show me? I'm very curious

Also, one thing I peticularily liked about Operation Flashpoint was the mod community. Vanilla OFP was great, but the mods added so much more.

Upvote 0
Volodnikov said:
I knew there was a sequel in the works, but screenshots? If you have a link or anything, can you please show me? I'm very curious

Also, one thing I peticularily liked about Operation Flashpoint was the mod community. Vanilla OFP was great, but the mods added so much more.
http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/ofp2/ofp2gallery.htm

Have some!

Upvote 0
It isn't a mod. It is a new game on a highly modified and updated Posideon (OFP) engine. They lost the IP to Operation Flashpoint to their old publishers Code Masters (who are infact working on an OFP 2 now).

Bohemia Interactive is creating Armed Assault as well as a yet to be named Game 2 which was previously Operation Flashpoint 2 before Code Masters and BIS split.

Upvote 0