• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design map remakes

yuv912

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
hey,
what do you think about remakes of original RO maps?
I think there's nothing greater than your old favourite map in the next gen engine.
The first time I saw the new UT3 remake of "facing worlds" I was speechless.

I would really like to see maybe "hedgehog" or "konigsplatz" as a 1:1 remake in RO:HOS.

AXEL said:
Really? I thought a lot of RO was mid war.
Just look at the maps they are mostly 44-45 maps: (I did not include custom turned stock maps):

1944-1945:
Baraska
Hedgehog
Arad
Danzig
Olgedow
Odessa
LyesKrovy
Rakowice
Konigsplatz

mid-war 1943:
RO-KrivoiRog

1942:
KrasnyiOktyabsr
Stalingradkessel
Bondarevo
Kaukasus
Baksan valley

1941:
Basovka

Smokeythebear said:
I hope if people are intent on making remakes they work as a team and not solo. Konigsplatz would be excellent but I would hate to see a direct port seeing as it's my favorite map. With what the new engine is capable of you would need a small group of dedicated mappers/modelers.
Yeah there are plenty, of maps and info about that battle there is a ton of new stuff that could be modeled like the AT ditch, important buildings (for example the Kroll opera house), the insides of the Riechstag,and perhaos some more defensive postions. I'd personally like to see the bridge area modeled as the start of the battle that would be epic and of course it would not be complete without the Tiger II.- :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
While I would like to see older maps eventually, I would prefer all new creations in the beginning. Playing the same old stuff over and over again can get tiring. I already have a hard time finding a populated server with custom or rarely played maps. Many times you see only stock maps. The thought of getting a great new game only to have to look at the same map list in the servers would drive me bonkers.

Upvote 0
The game is only going to be like summer 42 until feb 43 though right? I guess if you went late war you would need to make custom weapons, equipment, vehicles, and armor to go with those.

I would not mind some of the classic maps to return, but I would rather have more new one's to play for a while until modders make custom stuff.

Upvote 0
While I would like to see older maps eventually, I would prefer all new creations in the beginning. Playing the same old stuff over and over again can get tiring. I already have a hard time finding a populated server with custom or rarely played maps. Many times you see only stock maps. The thought of getting a great new game only to have to look at the same map list in the servers would drive me bonkers.

Did i told you lately that I love you......

Upvote 0
Options! Non-linear cap sequences, many path, decent combination of distance and short distance firefights, appropriate time to get into fightings.
It wouldnt have worked with Ostfront imo. Jucha was hard on the attackers side even in the mod without the defenders getting the kind of bonus they do get in Ostfront. I doubt the 88s would fall in an unmodified Ostfront port with equal strong teams.

Upvote 0