• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics PT Soldat Tactics

The best way to use the Anti tank guns now is make sure you position yourself so that the tank is as close to 90 degrees to you as possible (in the side) so that you shoot where the armour is thinnest.

Generally with German tanks you should look at where the gun barrel connects to the turret first, then move slightly to the left, then move your gun down to the top of the tracks and shoot there just below the armour.

Same with Russian tanks but you aim below the centre of the hatch, but in the same height. Dunno if I've explained that very well, just have a look at the tank data sheets.

I've killed a tiger with 1 shot (it was undamaged prior to my shot) and several panthers like this.

Upvote 0
Fire?

I don't know what happened. Perhaps someone hit it with a tank round just before you hit it. All I know is that the Tigers armour is so think that 14.5 mm rounds just bounced off. They shouldn't be able to penetrate a Tiger's armour. Anything else and you have a chance of dropping it, but, as I understand it, you shouldn't be able to even damage a Tiger with a ptrd.

Upvote 0