• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will RO be updated to the URE 3 in the future ?

fOgGy

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2006
I have been looking up on this on search before but noone has ever mentioned it before (although correct me if I'm wrong), will RO be updated to the upcoming Unreal Engine 3 somewhere in the future. It's quite an impressive game engine and very next-gen indeed :eek: , just think of all the enhanced possibilities that can be achieved from it :rolleyes:

I remember reading somewhere in these forums that the devs have considered doing a UE3 version of RO, but are also considering other projects covering new territory.

Personally, I would love to see RO in UE3 with all the graphical wizbang and hooziwhatsit-maps that are so popular in games these days. But I would not be surprised if this is the last version of RO that we see from them (not including patches and content updates, of course). After all, these guys have been working on RO since UT2003, and I could understand if they're ready to tackle something new.

Upvote 0
even if they dont bring RO to UE3.0, i'll keep playing Ostfront ( and the mod if by then still anyone plays that hehe ^^ )
i would TOTALLY LOVE RO going to UE3.0 though, or maybe they make a different game with that engine, then i hope for a remake of ROOST for the fans, so they can keep playing their great game but keep up with graphics as well, adding even more to the atmosphere found on the eastern front.
they could make a war game about another theatre of war, but RO needs to stay on the eastern front, not make a RO goes pacific or whatever.
personally, that would just give me a limp dick:rolleyes:

Upvote 0