• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Doors...

Diamond

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 17, 2006
Netherlands
I'm sneaking into the garage on Krasnyi as a Schutze. A bot walks past me, opens a door, and walks into a room. I hear an PPsh mow him down, I walk crouched to the door (that's still open) aiming over my iron sights ready to pull the trigger as soon as I see the russian. I'm standing half inside the room when I see him, he doesn't see me yet. I aim, and right when I fire the door slams shut in my face making my bullet hit the door and pushing me out the room again.
Needless to say the Russian noticed me, opened the door and shoots me.

Why this story?
Because the doors in this game are by far the worst I have ever seen in any game. They only open in 1 direction, often pushing you aside when you open them. And they close automaticaly after a short amount of time after opening them. Regardless wether a person is standing in the way.

Please fix the doors so they can open in 2 direction and don't close when someone is standing in the way. I love the indoor parts of maps, but the doors have often led to my death.

I think that there could at least be less of a push when you get near a door like that.

I understand and agree that not all doors should swing both ways, but I really dont like how hard they push you when opening them, and you cant allways make sure your opeing them from the right place. Many doors have been the site of my virtual gravestone.

Does anyone have any ideas on redusing the door pushing thing?

Upvote 0
Moz said:
press used on a door, and then use mouse forward/back to open or close it instead of the lame mover crap.
Yeah. Steal the whole Ravenshield door-system (without those special blow-doors-and-nothing-else explosives, of course) and add an option to kick it in and make that you can open a partly opened door by walking against it.
That would be perfect and we would see more doors in coming maps. Doors are a great tactical element if they are implemented correctly.

Upvote 0
Reznor said:
LoL! Diamond, I was right behind you when you got killed on Krasnyi and started moaning about the doors in RO right afterwards :D At the moment I read "Doors..." in the general-section I knew it had to be you writing it, even before actually reading your name below it.

I think the doors are fine, you just need to get used to them.

Yeah I remember you there. That one incident pushed me over the line :D

Upvote 0