• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

To All The Server Admins Out There!

Oddball_E8

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2006
Sweden, near lund
you just cannot have automated kicking for teamkilling in this game...
you have to be there and do it manually, because ive been kicked several times these last 24 hours for teamkilling...
and every time it has been because of idiotic players running straight into my artillery after being warned!!!

this just doesnt work... ill never dare call in artillery this way... or trow a grenade for that matter...

I agree, there needs to be a forgiveness system as standard, so if you get tk'ed you automatically forgive the guy, but if you want to you can still type a command that punishes him if you think he deserves it. There is a mutator in the Dedicated Server area on this forum (link below) but it causes instability on the server. Would be nice if someone could have a look at the code and see whats wrong with it.

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5602

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oddball_E8 said:
you just cannot have automated kicking for teamkilling in this game...
you have to be there and do it manually, because ive been kicked several times these last 24 hours for teamkilling...
and every time it has been because of idiotic players running straight into my artillery after being warned!!!

this just doesnt work... ill never dare call in artillery this way... or trow a grenade for that matter...

The TK kick system works fine as long as admins set it up properly. In this case, it sounds like the admin needs to scale down FFArtilleryScale. Essentially admins can set up thier TK rules so that TKs from things like Artillery or Grenades count less as TKs from shooting poeple. So for instance they can make it take 20 TKs from artillery before kicking while still having it take 3 or 4 TKS from shooting someone with a gun. Admins have the right tools, they just have to use them!

Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
The TK kick system works fine as long as admins set it up properly. In this case, it sounds like the admin needs to scale down FFArtilleryScale. Essentially admins can set up thier TK rules so that TKs from things like Artillery or Grenades count less as TKs from shooting poeple. So for instance they can make it take 20 TKs from artillery before kicking while still having it take 3 or 4 TKS from shooting someone with a gun. Admins have the right tools, they just have to use them!

I agree 100% with the original poster - being kicked for arty TKs (and satchel TKs for that mater) is among the biggest gripes with the game for me.

Also, every server admin should be made to read, and comply with Ramms above post at gunpoint if needs be :mad:

People set your servers properly!!

Upvote 0
i set our server in the beginning we ran at 3 times the default settings and still everybody complained (we set it to sessionban because if you kick a real tker he will just comeback). Thesame with the idlekicker which was set to teh max time people still complained.

The only really working solution for now is to find a server with an overly active admin.

By the time you make a setting thats good a tker can already ruin a game too much for the auto kicker to really help. Thats why a forgive system is so great you can lower the amount of tks before a kick.

Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
Essentially admins can set up thier TK rules so that TKs from things like Artillery or Grenades count less as TKs from shooting poeple. So for instance they can make it take 20 TKs from artillery before kicking while still having it take 3 or 4 TKS from shooting someone with a gun. Admins have the right tools, they just have to use them!

All well and good, but a lot of server admins me included are quite new to the UT configs, I have been admining servers for a few years so I'm not new to that, for instance I had no idea what this "FFArtyscale=1.000000" means, also now you said what it does what values to use. would love to up the tk limit for this.

Some of the things in the config sorry .ini file are quite self explanatory a lot aren't, I have read a lot about .ini's but not many if any give any real explanation as to what thing do.

If you look for CoDUO configs you will get a good tutorial as to what each and every setting does, just pop over to the Raiders site and you'll see what i mean.

May be a sample config with a explanation of what each setting apart from the obvious ones does will go a long way to helping new admins out.

Upvote 0