• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

my "new" M1

thanks, the range safety officers liked her also. she shot well today (better then me) it was fine for the first clips but when my father used it she went sour. on his second shot she went auto ( fyi autos not legal in CA) it was either my fault for over greasing or we had a slam fire on our hands. i had him eject the next round to be safe, when i checked the round the firing pin had strucked the primer but didnt set it off. i need to figure out the sights a bit but she's accurate and fun.

Upvote 0
The Soup Nazi said:
Sage...You don't happen to be a resident of Kahlifornistan and go to Chabot do you?
Yep, that's where I like to shoot. I actually like it there (probably 'cause I don't have an SKS.)

Last week I went the Tactical Rifle competition at Chabot... with my 91/30. Ahhh, that was fun.

Join me sometime! I should be out there next Sunday getting my new rear sight adjusted. If you decide to stop out and can't manage to get in touch before-hand, I should get there around noon... just look for the nutcase with the nicest-looking (not shellaced) 91/30 stock you've ever seen. (Refinishing it is my weekend project.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ah, unexpected delays ensured I'll be rifleless a bit longer. By the time the green light is given, there'll be the 10 day waiting period and the long decosmolization process which means it'll be a while before I can kill paper. (You don't know how many times I've been invited to go shooting with someone but unable to because I'm not armed, people with semi automatic browning 1919s, offlist AR-15s with pre-ban mags...Its torture, believe me)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Soup Nazi said:
Ah, unexpected delays ensured I'll be rifleless a bit longer. By the time the green light is given, there'll be the 10 day waiting period and the long decosmolization process which means it'll be a while before I can kill paper. (You don't know how many times I've been invited to go shooting with someone but unable to because I'm not armed, people with semi automatic browning 1919s, offlist AR-15s with pre-ban mags...Its torture, believe me)

Eh, stop on out. I've got 2 rifles anyway. I'll just bring the .22 along for the fun.

Upvote 0
I'll have to pass, I'm weird like that, but I want to preserve my first experince as a gun virgin between me and my dad the first time I fire .54R and .39, but you're going on the list of people that I'll go shooting with, you've got my word, I'll make up all the lost oppertunies from those who've previously offered me to go to the range with them.

Upvote 0