• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Panzer IIC: The Axis T-60

engineer

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 7, 2006
Few minor changes were made in the Ausf. C version, which became the standard production model from June 1938 through April 1940. A total of 1,113 examples of Ausf. c, A, B, and C tanks were built from March 1937 through April 1940 by Alkett, FAMO, Daimler-Benz, Henschel, MAN, MIAG, and Wegmann. These models were almost identical and were used in service interchangeably. This was the most widespread tank version of the Panzer II and performed the majority of the tank's service the panzer units during the war.

Armed with a 20mm FlaK and a MG34, it is almost identical in role and in armament to the T-60.

More info + images: http://commandos.strategyplanet.gamespy.com/panzer_II.html

More Images: http://www.wwiivehicles.com/germany/tanks_light/pzkpfw_ii.html

Pz. IIs were used in the thousands during Barbarossa, not being fully withdrawn from the frontline until at least '42. They were capable of engaging T-26s, BT-5/7s and T-60s, plus all those things without armor that tend to make a nuisance of themselves about the battlefield.

Anyways, how many maps do we have from the last 6 months of the war compared to the first 6 months?

Upvote 0
akd said:
Pz. IIs were used in the thousands during Barbarossa, not being fully withdrawn from the frontline until at least '42. They were capable of engaging T-26s, BT-5/7s and T-60s, plus all those things without armor that tend to make a nuisance of themselves about the battlefield.

Anyways, how many maps do we have from the last 6 months of the war compared to the first 6 months?

Yeah, the PzII was usually in service in the signals unit of most panzer divisions, even late in the war. I believe it was also attached to the command unit in large numbers, on battallion/company levels.

Upvote 0
akd said:

because the first 6 months mostly involved russians being encircled almost effortlessly into pockets and then herded off to concentration camps in their millions. not a lot of balanced battles you can model into fun gameplay for both sides

Upvote 0
DudeWheresMyTank said:
because the first 6 months mostly involved russians being encircled almost effortlessly into pockets and then herded off to concentration camps in their millions. not a lot of balanced battles you can model into fun gameplay for both sides

I think you should look at German casualties for the first 6 months of the invasion and reconsider.

Upvote 0
I'd love to see this tank included in some early war maps. Very early if time and effort can be found, 1939 Poland anyone? I've yet to see any WW2 FPS games with the Germans versus the Poles in '39. It technically was the Eastern Front so I don't see any reason other than time and manpower being an issue for its omission. But back on topic, it'd be a nice inclusion, the more the merrier.

Upvote 0