• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Reasons this game is better and diffrent then most?

For me its cool, cause i can drive over other People in a Tank :).

Cause the sounds rock imho, but thats a question of taste.
Cause it has Tanks, yeah i like Tanks.
Cause you can't bunnyhop, i hate bunnyhopping bunnies :D.
Cause it has bigger Maps than most Shooters, and thus you got more Freedom in choosing your path.
Cause Teamplay is the deciding Factor in this Game.
Cause i like Tanks, yeah i really love big things which make loud noises ;).

Upvote 0
because its one of the few games (if not the only) where realism and fun work together... (physic and visual realism, but without the tedious gameplay and keyboard dancing of most of the other realistic games)

yeah, It takes more skill to kill someone here than in another FPS, but the kill itself is much more rewarding (experts describe the sensation as a ROgasm)... and there is dismemberfest too =)

EDIT: oh, and it has the best netcode I've ever seen, so is very dificult to notice lag, and if you are in a server that gives you a good ping, you will forget that you are playing online ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I got lazy, so I copied and posted my Amazon.com review.... :eek: :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Red Orchestra OstFront 41-45 is an intense representation of small scale combat on the Eastern Front during World War II.

You play as either the Germans or Russians on a variety of maps that include infantry or tank maps. As infantry, you get to choose your infantry class; Rifleman, Squad Leader, Engineer, Anti-Tank Soldier, etc and with each class you get to choose a variety of weapons. On Tank maps, you have the choice to play either as infantry or as armor troops, (meaning you are trained to enter and operate a tank). Most of the maps are large or very large and do a great job of portraying the terrain on the Eastern Front.

The game features realistic weapons ballistics and armor penetration, and as such, the game play is focused on realism. There are no crosshairs or health packs for soldiers; you must use the iron sights or scopes on the guns themselves. For those of you used to crosshairs, there is a brief adjustment period to go thru before you realize the satisfaction of using the weapons realistically. As far as no health packs, this is where the games gets much of its intensity, you really really don't want to get shot as you sprint across the opening to reach the nearest cover (you will respawn if you do die however) Most Tanks allow up to 3 players to operate them, (driver, commander/gunner, and co-axial mg) and feature realistic speed, armor, and firepower. Assault guns, half-tracks, and armored cars are also present. Tanks (and infantry weapons) are period based, meaning maps based on later years feature newer models such as the T-34/85, the Tiger, and the Panther to name just a few. Suppression effects in the game are outstanding, and can be felt when you are caught in an artillery barrage or pinned down my heavy machine gun fire. The disorientation you feel under these circumstances has been very realistically represented, yet your player still move and fire...Outstanding!

Red Orchestra OstFront 41-45 is primarily a multiplayer game and while you can play single player maps, in multiplayer mode is where the game shines. Players cooperate to capture or defend objectives on the maps. Teamwork definitely helps here and capturing objectives is rewarded in your score. In addition, there is a Red Orchestra community out there that is creating new maps and modifications that will keep the game fresh and interesting to play for a long time to come. Also, the price cannot be beat. You get an excellent game for $10 to $20 less than a game released by the very large game makers!

If you are looking for a very fast arcade type shooter that allows you to shoot down hundreds of the enemy in just a few minutes, this game is probably not for you. If you are looking for a realistic WWII FPS (first person shooter) that in many ways puts 'other WWII FPS' to shame, you will not be disappointed!!!

Upvote 0
Because NO other game features Tank combat like this (like it should be)!

Its the most realistic & complex egoshooter.

every little detail in this game is historically accurate, from a small pistol to the interior of the mighty Tiger tank.

the fact that not everbody gets a sniperrifle or a MG may sound unfair, but if you get one it make you feel really important.

You will find much more mature players here, and games are more challenging then a boring round of CS.

and last not least:

IT HAS THE BEST COMMUNITY EVER! :D

Upvote 0
well since you got the game already, here is my favorite pasttime on RO. Su74/Stug infantry pwning. If you find a good spot you can rape infantry with HE rounds all map long. Nothing more satisfying then clouds of red mist and little people trying desperatly trying to advance and find cover.

Upvote 0