• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

German anti tank weaponry.

German anti tank weaponry.

• Add a Panzershreck and give it to Pak soldats

Votes: 108 78.3%
  • do not add the panzershreck

Votes: 30 21.7%

• Total voters
otester said:
Huge? Ever played RO Mod?

Er yes?

Since ALL of our tank maps are pretty much FROM the Mod, are you saying that they were bigger in the mod?

The only "official" tank map from the Mod that might be bigger than the ones we have in Ostfront was Kalinin (I think it was called). But the truth of the matter is that that map suxxored because it was SO huge there were almost no objects on it. Just a few trees and some buildings.

ALL of the tank maps we have now were in the Mod. They're exactly the same size.

If you want a bigger map, I'm afraid you'll have to sacrifice too much terrain on the battlefield. The maps we do have are already pretty sparce. WWIIOL might offer you more of what you're looking for. (The graphics are abysmal, but the map is hundreds of kilometers long and wide).

Upvote 0
otester said:
Whats WW2OL gamplay like? Good?

How would I get a tank or plane? Is it issued to me personally? If I die what happens? Can i go lone-wolf?

List of vehicles and weapons?

Gameplay is generally much slower than most other games, including RO. If you think RO has a steep learning curve, then WWIIOL is a verticle line.

I played the game for almost 4 years. It is definately a niche game.

If graphics ARE important to you, don't bother checking it out. But for everything else, it's a pretty good game. It DOES have some obvious flaws which I won't go into here.

Here's the link if you're interested. Post your questions there: http://www.wwiionline.com/scripts/wwiionline/index.jsp

(Appolgies to the community for linking to another game in your forums. But I think that the two games are different enough that they actually benefit from each other. I played both games consecutively over the period of several years).

Upvote 0
Rameusb5 said:
I doubt you'll find a game that draws out to 3500meters.

I'm not sure what RO's draw distance is, but WWIIOL's is 2000 for tanks.

PS- WWIIOL does have Tigers, but they're relatively rare. But the game only goes from '40 -'43, and the Tiger is pretty much the toughest thing on the battlefield.
Operation Flashpoint draws to 5000 meters, Armed Assault will go as far as 10000 meters IIRC.

Upvote 0
lets see
RPzB 54= 25 pounds
3x rockets 21 pounds
pistole and a few clips ~4 pounds (gessing)
over all ~50 pounds

Panzer faust 60 =15 pounds
x3 =45 pounds
MP 40 with 6 clips ~12 pounds
over all ~57 pounds.

well If any ones intersted The PTRD was used by a two man team... (infact all dedicated Tank hunter teams in ww2 where two or three man groups.)

so where is his assistent?

Upvote 0