• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Iron Crescendo

Here's the Strategic Map so far. Right now it's 9 territories per side.

start-2f.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm signed up. Sounds interesting, we'll see how it goes.

For those that still aren't exactly sure what this is, I found this post on the iron crescendo forums helpful:

Well MoFo wanted this so here i am. Iron Crescendo is a team based tournament based on Red Orchestra Ostfront. This tournament has only 2 sides, Russian and German, you sign up for team and either random,german, or russian. This is a completely free tournament, you will fight along with your comrades for 15 weeks in 8 hour battles which are divided in 4 hour segiments ,although you do not have to stay the whole battle, one in morning and evening, over different locations with their own strategic based importance. You will fight using teamspeak a tool that allows you to communicate with your microphone.Communication is key in battle, this isn't a clan thing, it is tactical and will require communication and teamwork. Once you sign up you will be able to access your divisions respective barracks. You will then sign up for a regiment, each with its own special job such as assault,defense, tanking,etc.Congratulations, your in Iron Crescendo now. As you progress in this campaign you will be able to earn promotions based on performance, order following skills, and communicating. There is Enlisted men, NCO's, CO's, and High command, each has its own role in the division. Listen to the person in command, they have experience and the ablility to get things done right. You will also be able to earn medals based on performance and special skill,etc.
In Iron Crescendo you will meet some good comrades, guarnteed. If you have any questions please refer to the FAQ, your staff, or your superiors.
I hope you all enjoy your stay at Iron Crescendo!
icon_smile.gif

The Staff

Upvote 0
Why not have two battles a weekend? One eight hour one on Saturday and a four hour one on Sunday? To see who "won", tally up the winnings from both.

That might help the realism aspect as well, since troops can step back, reevaluate the tactics, and attack differently the next day. It would simulate the crescendo and lull rhythm of battle, where you have your intense fighting followed by moments of calm, refitting, and reactive planning..

Upvote 0