• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Size of the community

-=BIGHARRY=- said:
Do you believe the relatively smaller community connected with RO is an advantage or dissadvantage, would you rather the community was larger or stayed smaller.

Personally i would prefer it to be larger than it is but not too large as i feel this would be detrimental ie. BF2

Discuss...

Perfect size. I get to play with the same people from the community often enough to know their styles/strengths, and there is always a server with people to play on.

Upvote 0
I like the smaller community for several reasons. The grand majority of RO players are mature people and there are really only a few immature jackasses. With a small community, you have less of a chance of having immature people play.

I also like the small community because everyone practically knows each other. Nearly everyone who plays is registered on these forums and it is fun to find members in game and play with them. It's like one big happy family.

Upvote 0
[tR]Mad Mac said:
My question to you is, why do new players need more servers?

Good question, there are times when you go to play that only a few servers are full or nearly full the rest are usually made up of human players and bots. A little more people in the community would in my opinion offer more choice for newer players, not neccesarily more servers but more human players.

Upvote 0
I don't see how more players can ever be a bad thing for a game. It brings mroe money to the devs, ensure more servers are running at any one time, increases the amount of mods and user-created levels floating around, and you also get more diverse views.

On the other hand, the small community is made up mostly of people with an interest in WWII and realistic combat, not just blasting stuff mindlessly. This helps ensure realism and accuracy trump gamey characteristics (well, most of the time).

Intersting thing to consider is that you are actually asking a question which cannot be answered from the situation we find ourselves in. We already have a small community, and this community is small to begin with for a variety of reasons. If it were to be larger, it would not be the same, and hence would not give the same answer to the question! We would not even be asking such questions for one thing.

It's like asking someone if they are happy being a human: most will say "Yes," because they simply are humans! To find themselves in another situation would alter the whole totality.

I am sure a lot of you don't follow my weird point...it's just philosophically the question of "Do you prefer a larger or smaller community?" is flawed and more or less useless considering the people answering are already the product of a set community to begin with.

Upvote 0
i think the community is great, and I really cant see it getting like BF2 or CoD2 - this game doesn't appeal to the majority of kids, its a more methodical and thinking FPS gamer, therefore it'll be purchased by mainly older people, so I think the new players we see coming in will be a good addition, and I dont think they would spoil what we have already in the community.

I think an S&D (or similar non respawning) gametype would make a big difference to the game though, giving gamers more choice in the style of play.

Upvote 0