• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forcing somone from their Position

Forcing somone from their Position

• Add a vote option that lets the team force somone to a rifleman

Votes: 14 25.0%
  • theres no point in including this.

Votes: 37 66.1%
  • Might as well add a kick from server option instead.

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters

Colt .45 killer

Grizzled Veteran
May 19, 2006
i was just thinking after playing with a really shitheaded commander, that it would be nice if there was a vote option, that would let you force somone to a shutze or strolek position, demoting them in other words. it would be nice to have this incase you have a noobie sapper on a map like stalingrad(me an some guys had to tk our sapper once to get sachels and blow the assem doors cause he was a dork), or a machinegunner who is teamkilling, a sniper who is being a dork. its allitlebit softer of a punishment than just kicking them out of the server.

for those who might flame this idea as being a waste of time, thats probably because you havent been unlucky enough to have this type of experience.

This is kind of a backwards way to fix a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place. If you had to earn promotions in order to use the machinegun, sniper rifle, and artillery, then this wouldn't be a problem.

Still, I voted yes because I think there should be a failsafe even if they add promotions in the game.

Upvote 0
Who has time to do all this voting I just want to play. There are some people that dont know what they are doing yet and those should police themselves this would be abused alot I would think. Either get on VOIP and help them out or politely ask them to vacate the class. If people truly want to win they should be able to see when they are not being combat effective and change roles themselves.

Upvote 0
I realy dont understand some of you. Would it be so hard for you to help those players insted of bitching and flaming them all the time?
New player has MG/sniper/whatever class for exaple and hes not doing good. Help him to get better, tell him what to do ect. thers realy no need for you to make them feel like ****.
And dont even try to say that im just lucky cause i didnt see that happen on the servers. I have seen this every day for some years now. You always have many choices:
A) Help them to get better
B) Change the server
C) Ignore them
But the sad thing is that you dont do any of those things listed above. You just act like some idiots and flame/*****/tk those players. What gives you the right to do that?
So ****ing what if your team doesnt win cause some "special" class was taken by some new player. Just play as best as you can and let others play how they want. Its only a pub game.

Upvote 0
while I underrstand the frustration about someone not using their role properly or effectively, I don't think there should be a change regarding this. How else is someone going to get better at a certain position except through trial and error? I agree with Krokar, the goal shoud be to help them get better. who knows, there may be some people who are excellent at certain positions but just need a little advice. I know i stunk at certain positions but other players showed me how to be more effective, and now i feel a lot more confident that i can help the team win with almost any weapon.

Upvote 0
Krokar
Its only a pub game.
Last time I checked, not every player was in a clan, just because you don't happen to view winning a "pub" game as important doesn't mean others don't.
Heinz
that type of vote enabling was awful in BF2. it's mis-used 90% of the time. bad idea.
And just plain full out spammed too. Also, since no one votes anyways its just pointless to have vote kick for classes. You can't leave something like this into the hands of random players who join the server. I suggested a time limit for the commander class, the server sets how many minutes till you get forced out of the commander slot and can't get back in till map change. Though the downside is a good commander can get removed too.

I agree though, something must be done to stop some of the horrible (by that I mean abusive, tkers, or childish, not noobs) commanders I see sometimes ingame. I wish there was a system to stop them, but really what is need is a admin. But, for whatever reason they seem to be in short supply in RO servers, so we are stuck till we can find a system that is fair and can't be abused by only a few people (to make sure a bunch of clan members who join a server, can't have total control over who gets the commander class)

Upvote 0
Byte Me said:
I wish there was a system to stop them, but really what is need is a admin.
That's exactly the point: the only solution is a well administrated server with clear policies... and with present admins, of course. Any other system may -and therefore will- be abused.

So once again, what pub servers concerns: leave it, love it or change it (and most probably you'll only be able to change you own server).

Upvote 0
Best option I think would be to add a hint option (as default) the first time you play ( a milder version than BF2)
When you select a role it should be CLEARLY and SIMPLY said what the purpose of that role is...
And as the game start, some text should say what the primary goal is.
What to do and how to do it.
Then if you like you can turn the option off.
The worst problem I think, is when NOBODy knows that the point of the game is to Cap flags!
Also there could be a bootcamp option. So beginners can learn how to manouver and such...
It'll help some dont you think?

Kicking ppl aso, doent work.. well have no players later then..

Upvote 0