• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design RO-Lazurbeta

Drecks

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 26, 2005
The Netherlands
I manage to reach the point where i can release a first playable version of my first and last :):) RO map.

The Russians have to counterattack to conquer the Lazur chemical plant.
The Germans have to defend the and the best way to do it is to keep the
Rail area and the Ruined factory.

The map ain't tested so i don't know how it behave on a server.
The bots seems to work and there are 4 objectives.
I'm convinced the spawns needs to be tweaked but this can be done later on. I didn't add an overhead image cause it made my system crash :confused:.
I would like to no how the performance is. Will it be playable or does the FPS really sucks.

I want to thank my lovely wife who offerd me all this time to create this stuff.

My system and Steam/RO seem to hate each other cause lately i have run into many errors and WIN XP problems with the editor and i almost reach the point of a total uninstall. I can rant on for some minutes but i won't.
After a new wininstall last week i could work nice for some day but saterday the crashes returned and the last two days where full of crashes and reboots.

It must be my system which is the cause of all these errors but i can't solve it.

Greetz Drecks

Last edited:
*7GA* Nestor Makhno said:
I saw this on one server (can't remember which) and the axis had capped all the objectives but the game continued and everybody became bullet proof.:confused:

It was very odd - d'you think it was due to the map or just a server glitch?

Dunno, but we played Lazur 6 times in a row yesterday on our server and it had no hiccups whatsoever. More than likely a server glitch but worth looking into if repro'ed.

Raiders rotation at this time:

RO-AmbushOST-Beta4
RO-Arad
RO-BaksanValley
RO-Barashka
RO-Basovka
RO-Basovka_Tank
RO-Bondarevo
RO-Budapest-b4
RO-Entweichen
RO-Factory-B2
RO-Fullmj
RO-HedgeHog
RO-Hill_Flak88
RO-Kaukasus
RO-Koitos1944_Bob3
RO-Konigsplatz
RO-KrasnyiOktyabr
RO-Lakelands_B6
RO-Lakelands_NightB1
RO-Lazurbeta
RO-Lodz-b4
RO-Makhnovo_B1
RO-Mga_b1
RO-Nabruska-II
RO-Odessa
RO-Odessa_Tank
RO-Ogledow
RO-OrshaClearingb3
RO-POW_Train_Escape_b3_1
RO-Rakowice
RO-SnowyForest_B10
RO-StalingradKessel
RO-WinterManor1941_b3

Thirty three maps running smooth as silk. What a pleasure.

Upvote 0
I had a chance to play this single player briefly and it seems very nice. With the bots set on experienced, they even seemed to know what they were doing. Can't wait to get a chance to play this with 'real players'.

In the meantime, I just downloaded it, then unzipped it to a folder named maps in the red orchestra folder. I recommend trying that if you can't find a server that is running it.

Great Job, thanks for hanging in there Drecks!

Upvote 0
Yeah i need to fix the spawnarea and spawnsystem.
I'm already thought out a way to make it better.
At least i know now the FPS is good cause on a full server i
didn't notice a single thing.
And the map is to open at some places.

The spawns doesn't seem to move on like in the stockmaps.
Played it on a full server and the spawnkill was horrible.
Cause the Russian spawn in a one exit building.

It's my first map since i learned the editor since it's release in march
so more feedback about mapholes, performance and suggestions will be nice.

Well next week a 2th beta.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Drecks said:
I manage to reach the point where i can release a first playable version of my first and last :):) RO map.

The Russians have to counterattack to conquer the Lazur chemical plant.
The Germans have to defend the and the best way to do it is to keep the
Rail area and the Ruined factory.

The map ain't tested so i don't know how it behave on a server.
The bots seems to work and there are 4 objectives.
I'm convinced the spawns needs to be tweaked but this can be done later on. I didn't add an overhead image cause it made my system crash :confused:.
I would like to no how the performance is. Will it be playable or does the FPS really sucks.

I want to thank my lovely wife who offerd me all this time to create this stuff.

The File:

http://www.after-hourz.com/misc/drecks/ro/RO-Lazurbeta.zip

Screens can be found here:

http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7669

Note:

My system and Steam/RO seem to hate each other cause lately i have run into many errors and WIN XP problems with the editor and i almost reach the point of a total uninstall. I can rant on for some minutes but i won't.
After a new wininstall last week i could work nice for some day but saterday the crashes returned and the last two days where full of crashes and reboots.

It must be my system which is the cause of all these errors but i can't solve it.

Greetz Drecks

You could try contacting kamikaze (by pm) he might be able to help you trace the issue of it all.

Upvote 0
Mr|T said:
Drecks was playin with you there, the allies badly need options spawn exit wise and more cover between there and first cap, very easy to dominate allies into their spawn

Finally got a chance to play with live people today. Great map.

I do agree with the one quote above. It can be tough to get out that one door. You almost have to have someone act as bait and get shot at, then have everyone make a break for it and run like hell for cover!!! However, I might be missing an alternate exit point, there are still lots of areas I haven't gone yet, so I could be wrong about the soviet spawn exit.

No fps problems that I noticed. Great Job! :D

Upvote 0
Update

Update

For the next release the spawns has been changed.

- Have fixt the spawns so they advance now with the conquered objectives.
- The spawnpositions have been change to give the Allies more time.
- Added a new building to give more cover to the allied 1 st spawn.
- More overall cover.

Working on the spawnprotection now. Didn't got it working yet.

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

r3.jpg

Upvote 0